Until Sunday, March 5, the cycle “Montes mundum” is held for the fourth consecutive year at the Kirchner Cultural Center (Sarmiento 151, CABA) and in Tecnópolis.
Among the various activities that are carried out, the Fair Feminist Book (FilFem) is once again present to join more than a hundred cultural, artistic, educational and protest projects to recognize and celebrate women and diversity from all over the world. . country With a feminist treatment collective and located in the Plaza Seca de Kirchner Cultural Center, it will be open to the public for free.
FilFem, for its part, has the objective of “the exhibition, circulation and acquisition of literary productions that pertain to the studies of feminism, gender and sexuality, and to make visible in the literary field women, lesbians, transvestites, trans, non-binary; among other non-binary corporealities hegemonic and sexualities”, as they express it in their website.
And they add: “It is a pluralistic and popular space for learning and thinking in order to build an egalitarian society for all. Its political power arises from collecting feminisms in very different genres and printed resources: political manifesto, novel, theoretical essay, fanzine, non-fictional history, empirical research, poetry; they cannot be supported by words alone, nor do they appear in or together with illustrations and images. Our goal is to question ourselves and expand the possible, desired, emancipatory boundaries.
Publishers participating in the Feminist Book Fair
Paloma Dulbecco, a political scientist and expert in communication, gender and sexuality from the University of Buenos Aires, is one of the directors of the feminist collective that runs FilFem. About this new participation, she comments: “In this fourth edition of “We move the world” what we are doing is a special participation, like the species of beauty. In FilFem, which we have completed the central edition for a year from 2018, and beyond 2020 due to the pandemic, among ninety and there are hundreds of circles, including editors, bookmakers, illustrators, fanzines, with interest and feminist publications.
And he added: “That is among the differences that we accept for this special participation, because for the medium edition of FilFem, the requirement that we provide to the fairground is that 70% of feminist materials can have and generate joint studies. which are childish, etc.; and the other 30% can be filled with materials from women, lesbians, transvestites and trans-authors, regardless of the topic, to make women visible there too. It is also important that there are materials for the whole family and for all ages. It’s not just for adults. And it was observed, because there was a lot of movement from the first day.
On the other hand, Fernanda Argüello, writer, editor and medical companion who shared the team of Bianca Ediciones, shared: “As of yesterday, there were many who came to stand. In our case, Bianca Ediciones published children’s books inclusively. Among our titles that have just come out – The Frayed Girl, by Sonia Almada-. Yesterday we made a presentation, and today it is one of our most valuable books. This is also reflected in sales. On the other hand, what also happened was, from this presentation, various women approached us to tell their life stories. It was very intense and, above all, because of what the book generates as a tool to generate space for narration and dialogue, wanting to tell the experiences.
Other books that Bianca Ediciones offer is the one written by Fernanda Argüello: Birthday wish, published in 2022. It is a story that makes visible identities, through images and words, the hearts of many boys and girls in relation to expressions of their kind.
Marcos Cingolani, from Villa Maria Press (EDUVIM), another stable that was present with different editorial titles at this new FilFem meeting. From our publishers there are different armors that are put on every day. For example, we have just published a History of Feminist Literature in Argentina. It is a publishing project, a work that is uniquely and in terms of its quality a milestone in the history of literature, women’s work and gender. Because we remember the national, historical letters that we have written by people, like Ricardo Rojas, which is one of the most famous. This new publication becomes an alternative, parallel aspect and serious research, which is directed by Laura Arnés, Nora Domínguez, María José Punte. These are several volumes that have a high critical and academic level.
The Feminist Book can be visited until March 5 inclusive, from 2:00 am to 8:00 am, with free admission, in the Plaza Seca de Kirchner Cultural Center (Sarmiento 151, CABA).