Exercise is always a good decision. Whether it’s to gain flexibility, improve endurance or stay in shape, sport is always a winning initiative. And now that fat burning exercises are starting to be of interest, it is important to include metabolic exercises that increase the basal metabolic rate, combining strength and cardio exercises, which will allow us. burning calories and gain muscle at the same time.
Efthalia Tsimkas, trainer at Brooklyn Fitboxing, suggests the following routine:
1. Burpees: eminently metabolic and fat-burning exercise for the abdominal area that does not disappear from this routine. Strength, endurance and coordination, all in one.
Strongly activate all anterior muscles (abdominal, chest and quadriceps) in extension to avoid overloading the lumbar area. Do two blocks of 8 sets of 20 seconds with 10 seconds rest between each set.
2. Mountain climbers: also known as climber, a full, powerful and effective movement, where in addition to activating a cardiovascular level, we work the core, which includes the muscles of the whole body.
“Pay special attention to the position of your back, to prevent the lower back from suffering, strongly activate your core by bringing your knees to your chest and keep your arms at shoulder width with your arms outstretched, feel how you push the ground. Give it an explosive and start to feel the effectiveness of this exercise,” said the expert. Do 30 repetitions, rest for 30 seconds and then repeat 4 times.
3. Squat jump: perfect exercise for iron legs, strong and powerful, where we are going to incorporate an explosive jump at the end of the movement, to give it a metabolic component.
Begin the movement from a squat position, with your legs shoulder-width apart. It is important to absorb the impact when falling, activating the muscles.
Try challenging yourself with this exercise, doing 8 sets of 20 seconds of work with 10 seconds of rest between each set.
4. Reverse lunge and 3 skips: explosive and power work for the lower body, quadriceps and glutes, but also for the core, with a great coordination component, which includes the movement, and that will keep us alert throughout the execution.
«When doing the movements it is very important that you gently, bring your knee to the ground but without touching it, and get up with ‘explosiveness’, activating the gluteus of the thigh extension, and from there to do 3 skipping and changing. on the side,” explained Ephthalia.
Do 4 sets of 4 seconds of work and 20 seconds of rest.
5. Shake: Considered one of the best calorie-burning and powerful exercises to see the ‘six pack’, in addition to strengthening the muscles in the middle area, it exercises the gluteus, hips and quadriceps, improving balance and coordination of the body. When the intensity increases, your heart rate increases and the fat starts to burn itself.
According to the expert, for proper execution, keep your back straight during the movement and bring the kettlebell swing up to shoulder height, with your arms extended. The exercise is done with the push of the lower body and core, the arms only move together.
Do 4 sets of 40 seconds of work and 20 seconds of rest.