Delhi Police has allowed agitating farmers to organize ‘Kisan Republic Parade’ on Republic Day. But with this, the police has also ensured that law and order remains. The 37-point guideline has been released by the Delhi Police for the farmers.
Delhi Police has made it clear that 5,000 people and 5,000 tractors can be in the rally. The Delhi Police said that the tractor rally would be held within the stipulated time period, from 12 noon to 5 pm. No loudspeaker address should be addressed on the route of the rally without permission.
Security has been tightened at many borders in Delhi. The protesting farmers who opposed the three controversial agricultural laws, however, will not enter central Delhi. The tractor rally will begin only after the conclusion of the official Republic Day parade. Meanwhile, the protesting farmer unions have also announced a march to Parliament from various places at the time of presenting the annual budget on 1 February.
Guidelines issued by Delhi Police
- The organizers will seek valid permission from the departments concerned about organizing the tractor rally.
- The organizers will take necessary permission from BSES, NDPL, Delhi Fire Service and other agencies.
- The tractor rally will be held on the same routes as are permitted. Also, permission does not mean stopping there.
- No rally, picket, demonstration or picket will be held.
- The organizer will keep all the permissions originally given and show them when asked by a police officer.
- Dr. Darshan Pal, Rajinder Singh, Balbir Singh Rajewal, Buta Singh Burjgil, Joginder Singh Ugraha will be available during the proposed rally for contact and coordination.
- On the proposed route of the rally, the organizers will make adequate arrangements for drinking water, first aid / medical aid and fire fighting equipment in consultation with the citizens / local bodies.
- Only 5000 people and 5000 tractors can participate in the rally.
- The organizers will ensure the deployment of 2500 volunteers on the designated routes. A list of such volunteers should be provided with contact. The police should be given details along with organization and identity in advance.
- Volunteers will wear masks on this occasion and keep sanitizers with them.
- The rally will be from 12 noon to 5 pm.
- The organizers will ensure that there should be no obstruction on the road due to the rally. The rally will be from the starting point to the last point. In the event of the failure of any tractor, it will not be allowed to replace it.
- The organizers will decide that the road is not completely closed. Two-thirds of the road remains open to the public.
- No vehicles will be stopped or parked during the rally.