What parking restrictions apply in the city?
- Parking is prohibited on avenues with two-way traffic from Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- On one-way avenues, parking next to the left sidewalk is prohibited on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- On one-way streets, parking next to the left sidewalk is prohibited 24 hours a day.
- Parking is prohibited 24 hours a day on both sidewalks of streets with two-way traffic.
- Parking on ramps, alleys, garages, bus stops, reserved spaces, cycle paths, sidewalks, and pedestrian walkways is prohibited 24 hours a day.
How to check traffic fines in the city
The city of Buenos Aires provides drivers with an online tool to verify the existence of Transit taxes. This service allows citizens to find out about their situation regarding traffic violations. To access this information, you can visit the official website of the Government of Buenos Aires at the following address: https://buenosaires.gob.ar/licenciasdeconductor/consulta-de-infracciones/
By using this online service drivers can check whether any fines are pending.
This requires the provision of Document number CUITor the vehicle license plate. If no violations are found, the system offers the opportunity to obtain proof of debt-free status or to submit a new query in the future.
How to pay violations in CABA
In addition to Checking fines onlineThe city of Buenos Aires offers the opportunity to clarify and pay traffic violations quickly and conveniently via a so-called service “Boat”. To access this service, drivers can send a message to 11-5050-0147. Boti’s opening hours are Monday to Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 7:45 p.m.
To make payment via Boti, certain requirements must be met. Drivers must provide a digital photo of both sides of the ID card and the green, blue, or pink ID card or vehicle registration document. It should be noted that if the violation is paid within the voluntary payment period, which is 40 days from the announcement of the fine, a discount of 50% will be granted.