NEW YORK (AP) – A former Apprentice contestant who accused former President Donald Trump of sexual assault, dropped a defamation suit against him on Friday.
Summer Zervos sued the then president in New York State Court, claiming that he damaged her reputation by claiming that she and other women who claim sexual harassment and harassment are concocting cases.
The filing said Friday that the case was closed and dismissed with prejudice, which means Zervos will not be able to file the same lawsuit in state courts in the future. The documentation also states that each party is responsible for their own costs.
Zervos accused Trump of kissing and groping against her will in 2007 during his 2016 presidential campaign. He denied the charges.
Zervos’ attorneys, Beth Wilkinson and Moira Penza, stated in their statements that “after five years, Ms. Zervos no longer wishes to sue the defendant and was given the right to speak freely about her experiences.”
“Zervos supports the allegations in his complaint and does not accept any compensation,” they said.
Trump’s lawyer Alina Khabba called Zervos’ decision to dismiss the case “prudent.”
“She had no choice but to do so, as the facts found in this case made it very clear that our client did nothing wrong,” Hubba said in a statement.
“It’s so sad when things like this can happen, but it’s incredibly important to fight for truth and justice. Only victory can restore your reputation! “This was stated by Trump in his own statement.
Last month, Hubba asked the court for permission to file a counterclaim. against Zervos. Both sides were supposed to testify by December 23rd.
The Associated Press does not usually identify people who claim to have been sexually assaulted, unless they speak in public, as Zervos did.