The Fortinet solution includes a unified end-user agent that delivers both endpoint security and zero trust edge innovations
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), the global leader in network and security convergence, today announced that Fortinet has been named a Leader in The Forrester Wave: Zero Trust Edge Solutions for the third quarter of 2023. The 32 evaluation criteria identify the most important providers and evaluate their Zero Trust Edge (ZTE) solutions. Fortinet achieved the highest score in the strategy category.
In this context, John Maddison, CMO and VPE of Product Strategy at Fortinet, emphasized: “We are very pleased that our Zero Trust approach to securing the growing edges of today’s networks has been recognized by Forrester.” We believe that the critical convergence of Network and security should happen everywhere, and are proud to be one of the few leading providers of firewall, SD-WAN and zero trust edge reporting. For us, this recognition is confirmation of our ongoing commitment to developing one of the market-leading SASE solutions from a single source.”
Secure networks with ZTE, also known as SASE
A ZTE architecture, also known as Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), combines and delivers network and security functions as a service using a combination of Zero-Trust Network Access (ZTNA), secure web gateways and cloud security Gateways.
Fortinet’s FortiSASE platform unifies security for the cloud, including secure web gateway, ZTNA Universal, next-generation dual-mode CASB, firewall-as-a-service, and secure network SD-WAN. Built on a single operating system, FortiOS, FortiGuard AI Intrusion Prevention services, and a unified FortiClient agent, FortiSASE helps improve efficiency and provide consistent security throughout. By bringing together all the components needed to converge network and security, it protects the hybrid workforce with an implicit zero trust strategy, helping companies reduce complexity and consolidate timely products.
In the report, Forrester notes that Fortinet “has differentiated itself in the market by developing and integrating network capabilities such as routing into its remote office firewalls, making it easier to deploy its ZTE solution with a unified management interface.”
The Forrester report also states, “Fortinet combines security and networking with surprising value.” The report continues, “One of the most compelling aspects of Fortinet’s value proposition is cost. As with its firewalls, Fortinet’s option is an order of magnitude cheaper than the vendor’s competitors.” FortiSASE can help organizations safely reduce complexity and maximize return on investment.
How are The Forrester Wave results calculated?
The Forrest Wave review is an assessment of the leading providers in the market. For the report, Forrester conducts primary research to create a list of providers and narrows them down based on inclusion criteria. Product and strategy details are captured through a questionnaire, demonstrations and briefings, as well as customer surveys and interviews.
The evaluation criteria are based on:
- The strength of the offering is based on its remote workforce security features; Zero Trust Principles; network control, management, monitoring, visibility and observability; and integrations.
- The strength of supplier strategies, including vision, innovation, roadmap, partner ecosystem, pricing flexibility and transparency, and supporting services and offerings.
- The presence of providers in the market based on income and installed base.
Each of the providers included in the assessment has:
- At least $75 million in annual revenue attributed solely to ZTE technologies.
- A ZTNA product plus a secure web gateway or cloud security gateway, available May 30, 2023.
- At least 30% of sales must come from outside the supplier’s home region and they must be present on all continents except Antarctica.
- A remote site device that provides physical WAN connectivity, load balancing, or routing capabilities.
- Full or partial cloud-based management of all ZTE components.
Fortinet’s SASE platform provides users with secure access and powerful connectivity regardless of their location. By converging network and security, FortiSASE provides enterprise-grade security and enables secure remote access to web, cloud and applications from anywhere. Delivered in the cloud, the solution helps organizations address security gaps and integrates with Fortinet’s FortiManager to provide centralized visibility and management on-site and for remote users.