The World Health Organization (WHO) mentions that fruits should be consumed daily, with at least three portions of this type of food present per day; Fruits help prevent and combat certain diseases due to their high content of nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins.
The best way to include this type of food in the diet is in its natural state, because when a fruit is squeezed or blended, only its sugar is concentrated, which, although natural in large quantities, is not healthy. may be harmful to When processed sugar is added.
most nutritious fruits
Fruits can be present at breakfast, and in morning and afternoon snacks, so that lunch and dinner plates always include vegetables. secret In its health and personal care section, it provides a list of fruits with the most nutritional properties.
- Cherry: That little fruit has vitamins A, B, C, E and K, it is also a source of iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and sulphur. It also has nutritional properties that prevent inflammation, infection and some types of cancer, as long as it is consumed with a healthy and balanced diet. “According to recent studies, ellagic acid and quercetin present in cherries slow down the growth and spread of tumors without harming healthy cells.”
- Kiwi: Thanks to its high content of vitamin C, fiber, potassium and antioxidants, it is a fruit that prevents and treats various respiratory diseases as well as maladies that directly affect cardiovascular health. The portal recommends consuming it when ripe, when it contains more antioxidants.
- Strawberries: Five or six strawberries a day will guarantee the amount of vitamin C that the body needs daily, thereby reducing the risk of colds, stomach and breast cancer. In addition, they improve blood pressure.
- Blueberries: Thanks to the fact that they contain phenolic acids and flavonoids, these fruits are essential for strengthening the immune system. “Many studies have pointed to its ability to improve resistance against microorganisms that cause bacterial or fungal infections. It has anti-diarrheal properties due to its tannins.
- Grenada: The seeds of this fruit contain components that protect the dermis and epidermis; Therefore, consuming it will promote good skin condition and health. “Pomegranates are very nutritious, so consuming them daily also slows down skin aging, protecting the skin from wrinkles, sun spots, or the harmful effects of UV rays.”
- watermelon: This fruit also brings benefits for skin care. In addition, it is a fruit that is often consumed in hot climates or after doing some physical activity, due to its high water content. “It contains a type of amino acid that supports the dilation of blood vessels, helping to reduce stress and prevent strokes and heart attacks.”
- Papaya: This fruit is also rich in Vitamin C so it prevents cold and strengthens the immune system. Furthermore, thanks to its high fiber content, it prevents and improves the health of patients suffering from constipation. “This tropical fruit contains papain, a type of proteolytic enzyme that helps with good digestion. Its high amount of digestive enzymes makes it recommended for people with pancreatic disorders and cystic fibrosis, as it protects against stomach ailments.”
- drink: Prevents various types of cancer thanks to the fact that it contains a component called bromelain, an enzyme that helps fight cancer cells.