Golan, a leading company that aims to “facilitate happiness and prosperity by protecting the community one person at a time,” celebrated its 35th anniversary at Vila Canales by publicizing the results of its social responsibility program.
Golan Celebrating 35 years of providing services in Guatemala by showcasing the positive impact of our program”i protect my communityin the municipality villa canales, The initiative manages to directly enhance personal safety through a focus on the root causes of violence, actions that inspire self-improvement, leadership development, and commitment to the community.
Launched by Golan in 2012, the “Protégé mi Comunidad” program is celebrating 10 years of pioneering voluntary action, community safety, With a vision: “Safe prosperous communities, in the neighborhoods we serve, in which all residents can develop to their full potential”.
With programs such as the Running Club, the Boca del Monte Scout Group, the Magic Reading Club and the Circulo de Mujeres Emprendedoras, “Protejo mi Comunidad” has transformed the lives and futures of children, women and youth in this municipality.
More information about the Golan Program
Among the social enterprises with the greatest impact of “Protejo mi Comunidad” are the following programs:
- scout group 26Largest in Guatemala. It conducts educational and challenging outdoor recreation activities, promotes and implements community service initiatives. For the eighth consecutive year it managed to become the largest group in Guatemala with more than 120 members.
- safe passageA running club with categories for adults and children encourages physical activity in communities, promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- zumbalegreA physical training with music, joy and fun, which helps the participants to be in a better physical and mental condition.
- spell readingTo promote reading habit among children and youth through storytelling activities, discussion and exposure on topics of interest. Reading more than 40 different stories together every year.
- circle of women entrepreneursProviding over 3,000 hours of continuous training annually, equipping women in the community with useful tools to perform activities that improve their income.
With these programs and other activities, Golan’s “Protejo Mi Comunidad” affects thousands of people in Vila Canal, most of them children, youth and women.
“Our approach to working with the community increases social cohesion which leads to a reduction in violence. Each person who fully participates in our programs is at reduced risk of being drawn into a cycle of violence and their families, friends And have a positive impact on the community,” said Gerardo Wurmser, director of GOLAN.
With these programs and other activities, the I Protect My Golan community manages to impact thousands of people in Villa Canales, most of whom are children, youth and women.
What happened to these programs during the pandemic?
All programs continued to operate virtually, with each program fulfilling its objective through different means. Paso Seguro and Zumbalegre met virtually and trained online. Magic Readings continues to meet, read and learn through live broadcasts. The Circulo de Mujeres Emprendedoras remained active all the time, training and putting into practice what they had learned and managed to support their families financially. Scout Group 26 remained more active at the vaccination center than before.
- Vaccination Center in Boca del Monte: In order to reduce the impact of the COVD-19 pandemic in the community, the Vaccination Center was made operational in the “Protejo mi Comunidad” facilities, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health. With the support of municipal officials and the participation of Scout Group #26 and volunteers from the community, over 70,000 doses were delivered over 16 months.
The resilience of each volunteer was essential to overcome the years 2020 and 2021, years in which face-to-face activities were gradually resumed, with each program increasing not only the number of participants, but also the number of adversaries. as well as the ones to remove.
Golan celebrates 35 years
As part of its 35th anniversary celebration, Golan also introduced new technology tools to its clients and partners, such as the Good Hiring web platform and the Protego app.
Golan also received an Innovation Award from the Risco brand this year for the use of its equipment for the launch of a new video reaction service.
“One of the characteristics that sets Golan apart in Central America is undoubtedly innovation, as we continually seek to put the latest security technology at the service of our customers, in pursuit of our larger objective of facilitating the happiness and prosperity of the community by protecting the individual can be completed. one time. Time,'” concluded Mr. Wumber.
During its 35 years of work, Golan continues to fulfill its mission of “providing multidisciplinary security systems through best service, gaining the trust, peace and preference of its customers and partners”, which has earned it the central security permitted to form a company. America.
about the golan
Golan is a brand present in all countries of the Central American region. Golan specializes in: Security Personnel Services, Alarm Monitoring Services, Video & GPS, Vehicle Armor, Security Technology Integration, as well as comprehensive security consulting and training. For more information visit: www.golanprotege.com
RISCO Group, over the last 4 decades, has grown to become a global market leader. The brand is well known for its solutions, manufacturing and marketing of specialized products for the professional security market.
(visited 13 times, visited 13 times today)