This year’s budget will be completely digital, like every year this budget will not be printed. Under this, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched the “Union Budget Mobile App” during the Halwa Ceremony organized in the Finance Ministry.
With the help of this mobile app, MPs and general public can access budget documents online. The special thing is that the app will be available in both Hindi and English languages. With this, the process of getting budget information on this app will be quite easy and fast. Apparently for the financial year 2021-22, India’s Finance Minister will unveil the government’s annual federal budget on February 1, which will be effective from April 1. In such a situation, the information related to the budget will be available on the Union Budget Mobile App.
Final stage of #UnionBudget2021-22 commences with Halwa Ceremony
— PIB India (@PIB_India) January 23, 2021
Special things related to Union Budget Mobile App…
- 14 central budget documents can be fully accessed in the mobile app, including the Annual Financial Statement (commonly known as Budget), Demand for Grant (DG), Finance Bill etc.
- The app has a user-friendly interface with downloading, printing, search, zoom in-out, bidirectional scroll, content table and external link etc.
- This app will be available on both Android and iOS platforms with two languages (English and Hindi).
- The app can be downloaded from the Union Budget web portal – www.indiabudget.gov.in. The app has been developed by the National Informatics Center (NIC) under the guidance of the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA).
- After the completion of the budget speech by Finance Minister Sitharaman in Parliament on 1 February, all documents related to the budget will be available on this mobile app.