Friday, December 09, 2022

Guatemalan consul’s wife in the United States dies after plastic surgery in Tijuana and Mexico is already investigating the case

María José Chacón, wife of the Guatemalan consul in Denver, Colorado, USA, Henry Giovanni Ortiz Asturias, died of complications after undergoing cosmetic surgery at a private clinic in Tijuana, Mexico, reports the channel Univisión Noticias this Thursday, 7th of July 2022 .

According to the report, Chacón traveled this week to Tijuana, Mexico, to undergo cosmetic surgery at the Jerusalem private hospital, located on the main street in the municipality of Playas de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California.

They explain that the woman lost her life at the Red Cross facility in the city, where she was taken because her health deteriorated after the surgery.

The death of María José Chacón was confirmed by the Guatemalan Consulate in Denver, which published a statement on its Twitter account.

“We offer our sincerest and deepest condolences to his family, imploring the creator to give comfort and strength to their hearts,” the obituary message reads.

According to Punto Norte media, Chacón was 38 years old and died on the afternoon of July 4 at the Red Cross in the Los Santos neighborhood.

She adds that the cosmetic operation took place on the 22nd of June and she was recovering in a house, but she fainted and so they took her to the Red Cross.

According to the Univision report, the Baja California Attorney General’s Office said that on Wednesday it carried out a raid on the Jerusalem Private Hospital to investigate the case.

“As part of the investigation, today (Wednesday) a search was carried out on the premises of the Jerusalem hospital, with the aim of integrating the medical history of the deceased today in the investigation and thus determining, together with the autopsy of the law, possible cause of death,” the prosecutor’s office said in a statement.

It worked without a license

Official reports also establish that the said hospital had been operating without a license for two months “because the requirements” of the State Commission for the Protection of Health Risks (COEPRIS) were not in order.

It adds that the hospital’s owners and operators removed the closing seals to continue receiving patients and that one of them was María José Chacón.

“The State Attorney General’s Office regrets the sensitive death of Ms. María José Chacón and based on the investigation that is integrated, as well as the results of the autopsy, it will determine the actions to be followed to clarify this case”, they said. authorities of that Mexican city.

The first investigations

According to the Punto Norte report, the Guatemalan diplomat said that in 2021 his wife María José had contacted the doctor José Betancourt, director of the Jerusalem Hospital, to have cosmetic surgery and he replied that he did not need a prior physical examination and scheduled the procedure for June 16, 2022.

On the day of the operation, the doctor and staff made an assessment and rescheduled the surgery for June 21 and recommended a special diet.

The report also states that the operation could not be performed that day either, because the doctor said that a problem had arisen in the operating room and that is why María José Chacón chose to sleep in the hospital and therefore have the operation earlier in the day. June 22.

with padlocks

When family members came to visit Chacón, they discovered that the hospital was closed and had padlocks on the main doors, but the doctor told them that it had been a momentary situation, as the manager had gone to a store and closed it.

She was operated on in another hospital

The investigations by the authorities, which Punto Norte refers to, add that the following day María José contacted her relatives at the Jerusalem Hospital and told them that on June 22 they took her in a private car to the Florence Hospital, where the doctor José Luis Tokunaga operated on her, but without her or her family’s authorization.

After the intervention, Chacón was taken again to the Jerusalem Hospital, where the doctor Juan Betancourt could not explain why she had been taken to another care centre.

The woman was discharged on June 24, but hospital staff asked the family not to go to the health center, but to park at a store located next door, and they took Chacón there.

passed out

The official report mentions that Chacón spent 10 days at home to recover, but on the morning of July 4th she was taken by ambulance to Tijuana Red Cross Hospital after collapsing.

There she died hours later and the doctors informed the family that the patient had a failure in her organs and other sequels due to the cosmetic operation and this caused her death.

Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.

Latest News

Related Stories