Polish Hubert Herkaz, The 25-year-old and world number 10 became the first finalist of Canada’s Masters 1000 ATP in Montreal. casper rudd23 years and numbers 7, 5-7, 6-3 and 6-2 in 2 hours.02′.
Harkaz, this season’s champion on the grass of Halle and who premiered his record at the Masters 1000 in Miami 2021, will take the crown this Sunday against the best of the other semi-finalists, played by the Tokyo 2020 Olympic medalist (this time). twelve months) pablo carreno and british Dan Evans,
There is an interesting fact in Harkaz’s side: they have won all five finals they have played on the circuit. Although he has got extra work in Canada as he also went to the doubles semi-finals with his compatriot Jan Zielinski,
The Poles had bowed to Rud on the soil of Roland Garros rood, tennis player from Rafa Nadal Academy He reached the final, which he lost to Manakori. He also lost his first Masters 1000 final in Miami and against Carlos Alcaraz.
Nadal and Alcaraz benefited indirectly from Rudd saying goodbye. Had he made the final in Montreal, he would have snatched fourth place in the world from Murcian, much closer to third in the Balearic Islands.
1 battle in a campaign in which he is the fourth tennis player to have added and consolidated the most ranking points.
This is the world ranking
1. Daniil Medvedev (Russia) / 6.875
2. Alexander Zverev (Ale) / 5.760
3. Rafael Nadal / 5,620
4. Carlos Alcaraz (ESP) / 5,045
5. Casper Rudd (nor) / 4.865
6. Novak Djokovic (Serb) / 4,880
7. Stephanos Tsitsipas (Greek) / 4,650
8. Andrey Rublev (Russia) / 3.630
9. Felix Auger-Aliasim (Can) / 3.625
10. Hubert Herkaz (Poland) / 3.435
This is the 2022 ATP Race
1. Rafael Nadal / 5,620
2. Carlos Alcaraz (ESP) / 4,280
3. Stefanos Tsitsipas (Greek) / 4,020
4. Casper Rudd (nor) / 3.675
5. Daniil Medvedev (Rus) / 2.835
6. Alexander Zverev (Ale) / 2,700
7. Felix Auger-Aliasim (Can) / 2.635
8. Andrey Rublev (Rus) / 2.605
9. Hubert Herkaz (Poland) / 2.490
10. Taylor Fritz (USA) / 2.195