• Argentina. Havas Argentina announces the joining of Lorena Cupaioli business management partner, who will have the challenge of leading a group of accounts and continuing to deliver on the company’s mission to drive meaningful connections between brands and people through creativity, media, data and innovation. With 17 years’ experience in media and wider agencies, the executive said: ,I am happy to be back and be a part of this inspiring team. My career begins with Havas, the place where I took my first steps as a planner 14 years ago and where I trained as a media professional.”
• North America. McCann Worldgroup announced that John Dunlevy has been appointed to the new role of McCann Worldgroup President, North America, effective January 23, 2023. He will report directly to Daryl Lee, CEO of McCann Worldgroup. Dunleavy joins Networks from Ogilvy, where he served as Global Client Director for IBM and WPP Global Client Lead. He will be responsible for driving deeper collaboration between agencies within McCann Worldgroup in the region, accelerating shared change and growth opportunities with their agencies and clients.
• Global. LLYC strengthens its management team by appointing Luisa Garcia as a new chief operating officer (COO) Global, who will report directly to Alejandro Romero, the firm’s Global CEO. His duties will include directing the company’s strategic plan for the next three years. The Finance, Talent, Legal and IT areas will report to this newly created position as well as Corporate Management. Garcia’s promotion creates opportunities for the firm’s other outstanding professionals, who also take on new positions: Luis Miguel Peña, partner since 2016, is LLYC’s new CEO in Europe. Till now, he was the Director of Global Talent (CTO). Prior to this he directed the Andean region of the company. Tiago Vidal, a partner since 2018, leaves general management of LLYC in Lisbon to assume global management of talent and technology. Joins the Global Executive Committee. Finally, Marlene Gaspar was promoted to CEO of the consultancy in Portugal. So far, he directed units of consumer engagement and digital from LLYC in Lisbon.
• Argentina. Axel Urban has been appointed Art Director of VMLY&R Argentina. He held the same position in Neena.
• Argentina. Dentsu Creative Argentina was selected by Swiss Just as its agency to work on the brand’s strategy and digital creativity dedicated to herbal wellness therapies. The Dentsu Creative Argentina team began working with the Swiss Just team with the aim of integrating the brand’s communications in the region for the markets of Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Peru and the USA. Martin Sieges, Managing director of Dentsu Creative Argentina & Chile, said: “We are very excited to work with a company like Swiss Just and to be selected as their Fellow Digital Creativity Strategy Our goal is to accelerate the growth of brands by being able to help them connect with millions of people through their ideas and tools. The teams are focused with all their energy on growing together”.
• Global. Renowned campaigner Jeremy Bullmore has died at the age of 93. bass korsten, Global The CCO of Wunderman Thompson dedicated a few words to him on Linkedin: “Fortunately, I had the opportunity to work with him two years ago on the Kit Kat campaign, for which he gave us his brain and writing. He was so kind, so generous.” He added: “The campaign described Jeremy as ‘Adland’s greatest philosopher’. He was without a doubt one of the most influential figures in modern advertising, and his passing is a loss to our entire industry.”
• Colombia. Sancho BBDO appoints Irina Herrera strategic planner. were professional junior strategic planner of Publicis in Colombia.
week 2 to 6 january