There are some foods that we eat every day that negatively affect the brain: find out what they are.
Just as there are many exercises that are beneficial trigger memory –like mind games, for example – too FEEDING It plays a fundamental role in brain function.
The doctor Uma Naidoo, nutritional psychiatrist at Harvard Medical School studied for many years at intestinal bacteria which causes metabolic processes and brain inflammation, which endangers the ability to concentrate and remember.
Naidoo’s research into how dietary changes affect mental health has led to an understanding of effect of food on the human brain. From the study he made a list with 5 meals which endangers cognitive abilities. Among them, the following can be seen:
- Added sugars: Although the brain needs these foods for cellular activity, an excess of them can cause a lack of memory.
- Processed oils: These oils contain a large amount of Omega-6 fatty acids which, in excess, creates inflammation in the brain, damaging the blood vessels.
- Ultra-processed foods: this type of food, in excess, can cause shortening of the ends of the chromosomes, which can lead to degenerative diseases.
- Fried foods: They are the easiest to prepare, but they are very harmful to the human brain because they affect memory.
- Artificial sweeteners: They increase the amount of negative bacteria in the stomach, which affects people’s mood.