In just three months, the Ministry of Universal Health and Public Health has provided 61 state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment equipment worth approximately 60 million euros within the framework of the Investment Plan for High-Tech Equipment of National Health. System (Scheme Invitation) and “Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan”, EU-Next Generation financed by the EU.
The Inveat Plan envisages the acquisition and refurbishment of 79 state-of-the-art equipment worth EUR 81 million, earmarked for the various health departments that make up the public health network. The 79 teams are distributed as follows: 18 CTs (computerized axial tomography), 3 planning CTs, 6 gamma cameras, 29 magnetic resonance imaging, 13 linear accelerators, 4 vascular angiography teams, 2 neuroradiological angiography teams, 2 digital brachytherapy and 2 hemodynamics .
The 61 equipment that has already been awarded since April represents 77% of the total number of equipment employed for the entire scheme.
According to Health Minister Miguel Mingvez, “This new device is going to represent a huge leap in quality in the diagnosis and treatment of oncological pathologies or cardiac accidents among many others. In addition, the renewal of technological equipment is making the Valencian health system one of the best.” puts forward and will improve the health care accessed by citizens.
61 hi-tech equipment provided
The 61 teams awarded are the following:
- 12 linear accelerators that will be located at the San Juan de Alicante University Hospital, La Ribera Hospital, Castellón Provincial Hospital Consortium and three of these units will be installed at La Fe Valencia Hospital. In addition, two teams correspond to the General University Hospital of Valencia, the other two to the Elche Hospital, one to the La Ribera Hospital and the other to the Gandia Hospital.
- For the new neuroradiological angiography equipment, equipment from the University Clinical Hospital of Valencia, as well as equipment from the General University Hospital of Valencia, has been awarded.
- On the other hand, a digital brachytherapy team and a hemodynamics team have been provided to the General University Hospital of Valencia.
- Of the new MRI equipment, there are currently 20 instruments that have already been provided out of 29 that are planned. The distribution among the health departments is as follows: one in La Plana Hospital, two teams at the Clinical Hospital of Valencia, one at La Malvarosa Hospital, two at Sagunto Hospital, one at Arnau de Villanova Hospital, the other in Liria Hospital, five at La Fe Hospital Teams, one at Zeitiva Hospital, the other at D’Otinente Hospital, two at Elche Hospital, one team for the Mobile Unit and the other for the Orihuela Hospital.
- With regard to gamma cameras, at this time four out of the six provided by the INVEAT scheme have already been provided. This is the gamma camera of the University Clinical Hospital, which is already installed, two teams from Dr Pesset Hospital and one from La Ribera Hospital.
- In addition, 18 TAC devices have been provided during these three months, out of which 11 are already installed. In this sense, the CT of Arnau Hospital, Dr. One of the Payset Hospitals, Dr. Balmis Hospital, Orihuela Hospital, Hospital of La Ribera, University Clinical Hospital of Valencia, Team of the General of the Hospital Castellón. Elche, Provincial de Castellón, The Hospital of Torrevieja and The Hospital La Fe.
The other 7 TACs awarded and pending installation correspond to Valencia Clinical Hospital, La Malvarosa Hospital, Alda General Hospital, La Marina Baixa Hospital, Raquena Hospital, Alcoy Hospital and Castellón General Hospital.
- Three awarded Plan TAC teams will be established at the Hospital La Fe, the Provincial Hospital of Castellón and the Hospital of Gandia.
18 teams in the bidding phase
The bidding process is on for the remaining 18 teams out of the 79 teams included in the invitational scheme. They are the following:
- Linear Accelerator of San Juan de Alicante Hospital.
- Four vascular angiography teams from Hospital Doctor Pesset, Hospital Doctor Balmis, Hospital de la Ribera and Hospital Clinico de Valencia.
- Hospital La Fe. Digital Brachytherapy Team in
- Hemodynamics team at the Hospital Doctor Balmis.
- 9 magnetic resonance devices that will be located two of them at the General Hospital in Castellón, two at the Gandia Hospital, three at the Doctor Balmis Hospital, one at the Alda Hospital and the other at the Torrevieja Hospital.
- Two gamma cameras belonging to the Hospital San Juan de Alicante and the Hospital Provincial de Castellón.