All patients starting hemodialysis treatment should follow a special diet plan, as this process alters kidney function and the kidneys have a role in clearing toxins from the blood and maintaining the balance of minerals and fluids. as a fundamental good.
LCD. Fanny Romero nutritionist dietitian “Dr. Santiago Barraza” of the polyclinic’s hemodialysis unit, in La Chorrera, explained to patients and relatives in this room that the key to reducing the amount of waste in the blood is what you eat and what drink.
“Hemodialysis causes loss of protein, which is why animal proteins (beef, chicken, turkey, fish, pork) have a high biological value for consumption, as well as those of vegetable origin (menestra, soybean) The price is less. This is why both types of protein should be mixed,” said the nutritionist.
He recommends controlling sodium in your diet, it prevents high blood pressure, extreme dehydration, edema formation and intradialysis cramps. It also helps prevent heart attacks and strokes, with an recommended intake of 2-3 grams of sodium per day, which is equivalent to 6 grams of table salt.
It is important to remember that dialysis patients should not use salt substitutes, as they provide potassium.
how to control sodium
- What foods are allowed in a hemodialysis patient to control sodium
- In meat, chicken, fish, beef without salt, ham, sausage and other chicken or turkey sausages are allowed.
- In a week, you can eat 3 whole eggs (including the yolk) of the whites every day.
- Low salt cottage cheese, low salt cottage cheese.
- Fresh or cooked vegetables without salt.
Foods That Are Prohibited
- Beverages (soda), canned juice or cardboard
- salted or smoked meats such as jerky or cod
- Ham, sausage or pork sausage. pork
- Yellow Processed Cheese, Dried Parmesan Cheese.
- Canned or frozen vegetables.
Press Release & Photo: Celebrate Vera