Harley-Davidson’s strong performance is good news for bike lovers. Hero MotoCorp, the world’s largest two-wheeler maker, will now sell American company Harley-Davidson bikes. The company today launched a new exclusive business division for the sale of Harley bikes. In addition, the company operates 11 new Harley dealerships across the country.
Hero MotoCorp today announced the sale of Harley Davidson bikes in the Indian market. A special business unit has been created for this purpose. At the same time, global automotive expert Ravi Avalur has been made the head of this new business division. From January 18 the company will begin shipping Harley Davidson bikes at its 11 new dealerships.
A few months ago, I announced that Harley-Davidson was closing its operations from the Indian market, citing Global Planning. Since last September, Harley has stopped selling and manufacturing its vehicles in India. After that there was a big setback for the Harley ts enthusiasts, but once again the sale of Harley Davidson bikes started in the Indian market.
Ravi Avalur, who led Harley in the Indian market, previously led the Indian unit of Italian bike maker Ducati. He has full experience about trading premium bikes in the market here. Harley-Davidson, which has been struggling in the Indian market for a long time, is now expected to gain some momentum.
Harley-Davidson dealerships open nationwide:
- Bengal Speed Automobiles Pvt Ltd (Bengal Harley-Davidson): Kolkata
- Bafna Motorcycle Pvt Ltd (Seven Islands Harley-Davidson): Mumbai
- Concept Motorbike Company Pvt Ltd (Nine Bridges Harley-Davidson): Ahmedabad
- Moksha Motorbike Company Pvt Ltd (Two Rivers Harley-Davidson): Pune
- Tusker Motorcycle Pvt Ltd (Tusker Harley-Davidson): Bangalore (Lavelle Road)
- East Coast Motors (Marina Harley-Davidson): Chennai
- Excelsior Motors Pvt Ltd (Spice Coast Harley-Davidson): Kochi
- Jyot Automotives Pvt Ltd (Konark Harley-Davidson): Bhubaneswar
- Sterling Motorbikes Pvt Ltd (Capital Harley-Davidson): Delhi Delhi (Mathura Road)
- Uttam Sons Pvt Ltd (Foothills Harley-Davidson): Dehradun
- Sreejayalakshmi Automobiles Pvt Ltd (Banjara Harley-Davidson): Hyderabad