The Detroit Tigers (8-16) will take on the Houston Astros (15-11), who will attempt to extend a four-game winning streak at Minute Maid Park at 8:10 p.m. on Friday.
The Tigers are an underdog away (+167) versus the Astros (-197). Scheduled starts are Luis Garcia (1-1) for the Houston Astros, and Beau Briske (0-1) for the Detroit Tigers.
The clubs will meet again after the Astros’ 3-2 win over the Tigers tomorrow. Ryan Pressley (1.0 IP, 2R, 2H, 0K) took the win for the Astros. Jose Altuve went 2-for-4 to lead the team with a home run and an RBI. The loss on the mound for the Tigers was credited to Gregory Soto (0.0 IP, 1R, 2H, 0K).
Prepare for the Astros vs. Tigers with everything you need to know about Friday’s baseball action.
Houston Astros vs Detroit Tigers Odds and Betting Lines
Courtesy of Major League Baseball Odds Tipico Sportsbook, The odds were updated Friday at 2:04 AM ET. For a complete list of sports betting odds, access the USA Today Sports Betting Scores odds hub.
- Favorite: Astros (-197, wager $197 to win $100)
- a person or group of low caliber: Tigers (+167, wager $100 to win $167)
- over under: 8
Deposit $10, get $200 instantly: Take action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ on Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA Today Network Offers: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credits instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Astro Stats & Trends
Astros Betting Records
- This season, the Astros have won 12 out of 18 games, or 66.7%, in which they have been preferred.
- Houston has played once this season as a favorite of -197 or more and won that game.
- Based on Moneyline, the implied probability of winning with Astro is 66.3%.
- Games involving Houston have exceeded the total set by the oddsmakers on eight out of 26 occasions this season.
- With a spread in 26 games this season, the Astros are a 13-13-0 ATS.
Luis Garcia (Astros potential starter)
- Garcia (1-1) will take to the mound for the Astros and make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-handed batsman’s last debut came on Saturday, when he bounced off six innings conceding two earned runs on five hits in a matchup with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The 25-year-old has made 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings with an ERA of 4.15 this season, compared to 2.1 strikeouts per nine in four matches.
- Garcia has made three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Tigers have scored 74 runs this season, ranking 29th in MLB. He is batting .228 for the campaign with 11 home runs, 30th in the league.
astro batting statistics
- The Astros have hit 31 homers this season, ranking fourth in the league.
- The Astros have a sluggish percentage of .381 in offense this season, 13th in MLB.
- Houston is ranked 26th in the MLB, with a team batting average of just .220.
- The Astros have finished 18th in the league this season with a total of 99 runs.
- Houston’s OBP this season is .294, ranking 23rd in MLB.
- The Astros rank 16th among MLB offenses in strikeouts per game (8.2).
Tiger Stats & Trends
Tigers Betting Records
- The Tigers have won six or 31.6% of the 19 competitions designated as the odds-on underdogs this year.
- Detroit has a 1-4 mark in competitions where the oddsmakers on the moneyline favor +167 or worse.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Tigers have a 37.5% chance of winning.
- Detroit and its opponents have exceeded the total in nine of their 24 occasions this season.
- The Tigers have a line up against a 9-15-0 spread mark in 24 matches this season.
Beau Briske (Tigers potential starter)
- Briske (0-1) got an early clearance for the Tigers, his third this season.
- The right-handed batsman last pitched against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday when he played five innings, conceding three hits and one run.
- In two appearances this season, he has 3.60 ERAs and 5.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .167 against him.
- Briske is seeking his third straight appearance to last five or more innings. He averages 5.0 innings per start.
- The opposing Astros rank 13th in offense with slugging percentage (.381) and fourth of all MLB in home run hits (31). They have a collective .220 batting average, and are 18th in the league with 189 total hits and 18th in MLB play with 99 runs.
tiger batting statistics
- The Tigers have scored the fewest home runs in baseball this season (11).
- So far this season, the Tigers are trailing .319, the second-lowest average in baseball.
- Detroit’s batting average is ranked 19th in the majors (.228).
- The offense for the Tigers is number 29 in MLB play, with 3.1 runs per game (74 runs total).
- Detroit ranks 20th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .301.
- The Tigers’ 8.8 strikeouts per game rank 15th in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO & NJ at Tipico Sportsbook.
Astros vs Tigers: Live Streaming Info & Game Timings
- Game day: Friday, May 6, 2022
- time to play: 8:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
- TV Channel: AT&T Sportsnet Southwest
- live stream: fuboTV (watch for free)
Gannett can earn revenue from Tipico for referral of spectators to betting services. Tipico has no influence on or is dependent on or associated with any such revenue from newsrooms or news coverage. For Terms and Conditions visit Tipico.com. 21+ only. problem Yok? Call 1-800-GAMMER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).