Because of all Tension arising from work, money, family, self-esteem problems, among others it is common to develop anxiety images, However, There are many ways to ease this suffering and heal us. Know what the experts recommend.
How to calm anxiety?
Although it may sound a bit counterintuitive, exercise, in addition to benefiting your body, heals your mind from a biological perspective, this is because, in the long term, Exercise lowers the stress hormones in your body; like cortisol. it also helps release endorphins which are chemicals that make your mood better and These act as natural pain relievers.
exercising isn’t just going to the gym You can go for a walk for about 15 minutes a day, do a sport that you enjoy, practice yoga, and many more.
2-Vitamin and Herbal Supplements:
Supplements Promote stress and anxiety reduction, these are some:
- lemon balm: It belongs to the mint family which has been studied for its anti-anxiety effects.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid: One study showed that medical students who received omega-3 supplements experienced a 20% reduction in symptoms of anxiety.
- Ashwagandha: Herb used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat stress and anxiety. Several studies show that it is effective.
- Valerian: Valerian root is a popular sleep aid because of its calming effects. It contains valerenic acid, which alters gamma-aminobutyric acid receptors to reduce anxiety.
- vitamin b12: This vitamin plays an important role in the production of brain chemicals that affect mood and other brain functions. B12 deficiency can affect depressive and anxiety episodes.
anxiety activates your sympathetic nervous system, signals your body to go into “fight or flight” mode. During this reaction, stress hormones are released and you experience physical symptoms This is like an increase in heart rate and rapid breathing.
practice of Deep breathing can help activate your parasympathetic nervous system. which controls the relaxation response.
There are many types of deep breathing exercises, such as Diaphragmatic breathing, abdominal breathing, belly breathing and rhythmic breathing.
4- Go to a psychologist or psychiatrist:
If your anxiety makes it impossible for you to go out or lead a normal life, you may have generalized anxiety disorder. (GAD), which is a mental condition in which you are repeatedly worried or worried about many different situations.
psychotherapy can help you learn ways to manage and reduce anxiety, and You might find it helpful to understand what’s causing this. This allows you to have better control over it.
You can also go to the psychiatrist at the same time Who can give you medicine to properly and safely treat your anxiety.
Other ways to manage anxiety are:
- Enough Sleep.
- eating healthy food.
- Get out of the house everyday.
- Stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- When you feel nervous or scared, talk to family or friends.
- Listen to soothing music.
- Spend time with your pet.
- Keep a life journal where you can write down your feelings.
- Avoid procrastination.
- Cut down on coffee and sugary drinks.