Search
Wednesday, November 30, 2022

How did Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s secret visit with the Queen change their anniversary plans?

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly feeling ‘confident’ about their safety in the UK after their secret visit with the Queen last week, prompting them to reconsider whether they will be leaving this year Will be back in June for Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee.

Earlier, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had expressed their concerns about their safety in the UK since stepping down as senior royals in 2020. Thus, the pair had not returned to the country as a couple in two years, but over the Easter weekend they made a surprise and secret visit to see the Queen.

Now, the Daily Mail reports that the security meted out to the Sussexes during their visit has left them reconsidering their decision to turn down Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee invitation. A source told the newspaper: “Harry was very pleased with the way the operation went and the liaison between his security team and the Metropolitan Police.”

Read Also:  Tesla opens 'Gigafactory' near Berlin, its 1st in Europe

“They believe this means a workable solution can be found, allowing them to arrive with their children as early as Platinum Jubilee,” the insider said.

Photo Credit: Karvai Tank - Getty Images

Photo Credit: Karvai Tank – Getty Images

According to the Daily Mail, Harry and Meghan stayed at the Queen’s Windsor estate during their trip outside with details of their personal security guards (who they brought with them from the US) and a Special Escort Group (SEG). Maidan Ki – A service that provided armed protection to both the royal family and government ministers.

It is believed this “hybrid” method of protection will be on the cards for future visits to the Sussexes, who are expected to return with their two children, two-year-old Archie and ten-month-old Lillibet.

Read Also:  India's top refiner sees oil cross $100 this year Nation World News

Since their meeting with Her Majesty, Prince Harry and Meghan have reportedly been invited to the Buckingham Palace balcony later this year to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations. If they choose to attend, the couple will be joined by other high-profile members of the royal family – including Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles, as well as Prince William, Kate Middleton and their three children – in the form of a traditional balcony appearance They watch an RAF aircraft fly past to commemorate Her Majesty’s record-breaking reign.

However, due to their resignations as senior royals, the Sussexes will not be allowed to participate in any other Platinum Jubilee celebrations, according to the Telegraph.

You might also like

Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.

Latest News

Related Stories