It should be noted that what we are about to introduce you to will be a question that will be used even if your watch is stolen, so if it was recently taken from you, you may as well keep reading Are. For this method we have to differentiate between two great watches, those that work with Wear OS and those that work with WatchOS; That is, Android’s and Apple’s.
First of all, we can talk about the ways in which we are going to search for our lost watch which are similar to each other. Of course, the steps you should take are not the same and in MovilZona we are going to explain how to find the watch you thought was lost.
Find your watch with Wear OS
Smartwatches that use Wear OS are practically endless when it comes to naming them; Many brands have this operating system inside their smartwatches and of course, Google has a function to search. To find your watch with Wear OS, you must first meet these requirements:
- Signed in to Google Account.
- Location must be on.
- Recently connected to WiFi or Bluetooth connection.
- Get the watch and mobile updated to the latest version of the operating system.
Once you are clear that both your mobile phone and your lost watch meet all of these requirements, it is time to begin the process of finding your watch with Wear OS forever. Here’s what you need to do to find your Wear OS watch:
- In a browser, go to the Find My Device website. If you’re on a smartphone, check out the app in the Store.
- Access your Google Account in the app.
- Look for the watch you’ve lost and click on it in the app.
- A map will appear showing the approximate location of the watch or the last known location
- If the system asks you, click on ‘Enable blocking and deletion functions’.
- At this point, choose what you want to do with your watch. You can choose between ‘Play sound’, ‘Lock device’ or ‘Clear device data’.
These are options that you will have to execute depending on when you are, because if it is close, the most common thing is to click on ‘play sound’, whereas if you consider it as lost or stolen If so, it is normal that you click on Erase device or data on the device.
Find apple watch
Apple Smart Watches also have their own way of finding them after they are lost, which has also been proven in recent years. This is the ‘Search’ app, just as it works for our iPhone or iPad, we can use it to find our Apple Watch as well.
Find option is available in iCloud where we can see where our watch is located. The process to see on the screen of your mobile where your watch is, the process is very simple:
- Download and open the Apple ‘Search’ app and enter your Apple ID.
- Click on the ‘Device’ tab.
- Select the missing Apple Watch to see where it is.
When you see a clock on the map, if it’s near you, you can make a sound to find it more easily. If you don’t see it on the screen, it may not be connected to the network or may not be connected to an iPhone. That’s where you should worry. In case this happens to you, you can always activate Lost Mode for your watch by following these simple steps:
- Open the ‘Search’ app again and click on Apple Watch.
- Click ‘Activate’ in the section to mark that the watch is lost and click ‘Continue’
- Enter your phone so they can contact you and click ‘Next’.
- Type in the message you want the person who picks it up to see and click ‘Activate’.
You don’t need to complete any process to enable the Find Your Apple Watch option, just by activating it on your iPhone, it will automatically do the same on the Apple Watch.