The purpose of the Comprehensive Health Insurance (SIS) is to ensure the good health of Peruvians who do not have any insurance, allowing them to receive medical assistance in the case of vulnerable people who are in a state of poverty and extreme poverty. If you don’t know whether you have free care, you have the option of using your personal data or your national identification document (DNI) to find out which benefits you can access.
How do I know I have SIS?
- Enter www.sis.gob.pe
- Click on Verify if you are associated with SIS option.
- Once there, the SIS plans will appear. You should slide the cursor until you see the Verify whether you are affiliated with SIS section.
- Quickly, a window will open where you need to locate the search by option.
- Next, you need to select DNI or Personal Data.
- Then, you will enter the relevant data.
- Now, you have to click on the consultation and then on the magnifying glass symbol.
- Check the information and print it if applicable.
What diseases can comprehensive health insurance cover?
SIS provides coverage for over 12,000 illnesses and the most common categories are:
- Healthy population: general examinations, births, health control, among others.
- Obstetrics and Gynecological Conditions: Pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, vaginal infection, among others.
- Pediatric conditions: pneumonia, fever, malnutrition, anemia, among others.
- Neoplastic conditions: cancer of the breast, prostate, uterus, stomach, among others.
- Communicable conditions: Tuberculosis, sexually transmitted diseases, AIDS, dengue, rabies, among others.
- Non-communicable conditions: Asthma, hypertension, diabetes, appendicitis, fractures, poisoning, among others.
In the case of patients with COVID-19, the SIS fully covers the expenses, including the burial process, if applicable.
What are the plans of SIS?
SIS has five insurance plans:
- Free Sis: People who are in extreme poverty or poverty (according to Sisfoh), pregnant mothers, children, firefighters, among other groups.
- SIS for all: people who do not have health insurance, regardless of their economic status.
- Free SIS: for any citizen at low cost.
- SIS Micro-Enterprise: If you have a micro-enterprise and want to associate your employees, you can do so under this method.
- Entrepreneurial SIS: Only for independent workers, such as stylists, dressmakers, among others with no one in charge.