Cooperation with the state is a great opportunity that many citizens in Colombia are looking for. According to Indeed, “the world’s second largest job search portal,” working in the public sector offers more benefits than working in the private sector. According to the experts, there is more stability, better salaries and, in some cases, better working conditions.
Every year more than 10,000 tenders are opened in various government institutions for Colombians to work in this public sector. Currently, one of the institutions that has its tenders open is the National Civil Service Commission.
If you are interested in employment, do not miss the job opportunities the Commission has open until September 25th. Below we will explain to you how to register and what basic requirements you must meet.
Link to online registration
All advertisements and applications for vacancies offered by the CNSC are processed through the System for Equality, Merit and Opportunity (SIMO). Through this platform, it is expected that Colombians can participate in public job advertisements in a simple and fair way.
If you already have an account registered in the system, you just need to enter the SIMO portal and enter your email address and password. To view the available places, you must go to the “Public Vacancies – OPEC” section and click on “Advertisements”. A list will appear showing the processes in force at CNSC.
Be careful because if you are not registered on the site you will not have access to the job offers offered by the Commission. Anyone interested in taking part in the tenders must register as follows:
- Go to the CNSC page and click on the “SIMO” option. You can also access it via this link which will redirect you directly.
- You need to select the “Register” option located at the top of the screen.
- Registration consists of only three steps: 1) basic personal information (name, email, asset, mobile phone, etc.), 2) email verification (you will receive a code to verify the account), 3) creating the account , enter your full name again and generate a password. Finally, all you have to do is submit the application.
After registering, you can access the list of job opportunities offered by the CNSC. To apply, you will need to provide additional basic information, your academic education and work experience, and upload your resume. Depending on the advertisement, further documents may be required from you, but this depends on the respective job advertisement.
What requirements does the CNSC require in order to work?
Each call requires different conditions. However, the CNSC points out that some basic requirements apply to all applicants, such as: reading the agreements and accepting the rules established in each selection process; these are available on the CNSC website. Likewise, it must meet all the minimum requirements specified in each company’s public offer.
The positions offered in the current advertisement from September 5th to 26th are aimed at:
- Supervision of notaries and registers.
- National Health Inspectorate.
- Superintendence of Public Home Services.
- Supervision of industry and trade.
- Transport supervision.
- Supervision of the solidarity economy.
- Supervision of the family allowance.