loss Madand especially PistachioThey are rich in nutrients and antioxidants, but one question always arises:if i eat them i won’t get fat, a reasonable doubt considering These foods are full of calories and fat, However, science has discovered they don’t make us fat and, conversely, he help us lose weight,
A scientific review of 36 studies found that regular consumption of nuts was not related with him weight gain Nor with an increase in body mass index (IMC).
In this other study, participants were asked to eat as many nuts as they wanted, and none of them gained weight. And in this second, it was concluded that people who ate two or more servings a week of these foods had a 31% lower risk of weight gain compared to those who did not eat them.
and why is that? maybe The fat in nuts doesn’t make us fat, well more or less Despite the fact that these foods are high in fat, it is not 100% absorbed by the body, as most of it passes through the intestines undigested. Some research has found people who eat nuts get kicked out through feces 20% more fat than those who do not eat them.
While all this is great, you always have to pay attention to the quantities, as is the case with pistachios, for example, with avocados, which, being high in calories and fat, We must control portions.
How many pistachios can we eat in a day without jeopardizing our health or figure?
We all know that pistachios are very healthy and provide us with many health benefits, as explained by Monica Herrero, a leading expert in nutrition and dietetics:
- helps to control cholesterolBecause it contains healthy fats and phytosterols.
- lowers blood pressureBecause of its high potassium and low salt content, as long as they are natural and without added salt.
- Son satiating and it has a moderate amount of fiber, so help with intestinal transit,
- They are very nutritious and energizing, which is why they are perfect for children and athletes.
Despite these advantages, we cannot forget that it is a calorie foodSince provides a ration of 30 grams 160 calories« Although this does not mean that it is not healthy mealcontains vegetable fat, which low LDL levelsso-called bad cholesterol.
there is also an important Amount of vitamins and minerals, Specifically, 100 grams of pistachios will give you:
- Calories: 611 cal.
- Fat: 51.6 grams
- of which saturated: 6.8 grams
- Protein: 17.6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 15.7 grams
- Fiber: 6.5 grams
- Calcium: 180 mg
- Iron: 7.2 mg
- Magnesium: 122 mg
- Potassium 811 mg
- Phosphorus: 390 mg
- Vitamin E: 5.2 mg
But, as with everything in life, moderation is the key. And in the case of pistachios, “the rationing recommended from pistachios a day must not exceed 30-40 gramswhich is equal to 40 pistachiosapprox”, contains the details of the dietitian top doctor, If we exceed this amount, we can gaining weight,
Other nutritionists set a maximum daily amount of pistachios 50-85 gramsi.e. some 90 pistachios Or two fists. A quantity which will also be sufficient but if we gain weight easily or are trying to lose weight then we have to reduce it.
Other nuts that are recommended to be eaten daily if you do not want to gain weight
In fact, any fruit is dry Recommended in slimming diets as long as We consume it natural or roasted, If we want to lose weight, we should avoid all fried nuts, as the fat and carbohydrate content increases significantly (and is less healthy).
Thus, in addition to pistachios, we have:
- Walnut: One portion of nuts provides about 182 kcal (each nut has about 25 calories). In addition to being healthy and low in calories, these nuts reduce LDL cholesterol (known as ‘bad’) and help raise good cholesterol, as they are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. Huh.
- Almond: One portion (usual handful) will provide us with 160 calories on an average. Including this food in the diet has been shown to promote weight loss. Which is to say that if we eat them regularly we will lose more weight than we would gain.
like pistachios, we have to consume them in moderation: A handful a day will be more than enough.