All Registered with the Social Security Administration (SSA) in the United States They will be able to retire after getting their 40 credits and collect their pension minimum for withdrawalOr in exceptional cases, such as contracting a disability (whether at work or not), they can get it earlier.
and this 2023 Some SSA Changes Will Be Reflected in Your Monthly PaymentsIn form of cost of living adjustment (COLA) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI), which includes a up 7.8%, This means benefits will increase by more than $140 per month starting in January.
if you want know how much you will getFollow these steps to find out:
How Much WIll I Get?
- Notifications of new benefit amounts are usually sent to Social Security and SSI recipients in early December.
- The fastest way to find out your new benefit amount is to access your personal My Social Security account to view the COLA notice online.
- People can choose to receive text or email alerts when they’re waiting for a new message from Social Security, such as a COLA notice, instead of receiving a letter in the mail.
- For Social Security beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare, your new, higher benefit amount for 2023 will be available through a COLA notice sent to the You and Me Social Security Message Center in December.
How to get my SSA pension in USA
There are two ways to collect your monthly payments:
- direct deposit: By choosing to receive your Social Security and Supplemental Security Income benefits through direct deposit, the SSA will electronically send your funds directly to your bank account (for example, checking account, savings account, and prepaid card account).
- Direct Express: In this payment method, the SSA will electronically deposit your funds into a prepaid debit card account. There is no registration fee for this service and you do not need to maintain a minimum balance to open or use the account.
How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?
- If you already receive Social Security or Supplemental Security Income benefits and have a bank account, you can sign up for direct deposit:
- You must have or open an account with an outside banking institution.
- Online through My Social Security (this service is provided for Social Security benefits only).
- It is also possible by contacting your bank, savings and loan institution, or credit union.
- or by calling Social Security’s toll-free number, 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).
How do I apply for Direct Express?
- You do not need to have a bank account.
- Call the Direct Express toll-free number at 1-877-212-9991.
- Social Security agents can also help you enroll.
More content in the Insurance section