Canada is a country full of opportunities, beautiful landscapes, with a growing economy that provides its people with a high quality of life and the opportunity to achieve professional goals and objectives, so it is not surprising that many people find themselves in it. I want to try my luck. country. If this is your case, I invite you to read this note that explains how to get a job in Canada from Mexico.
Canada has received immigrant workers for decades, which allows its residents to interact with different cultures and thus be free from discrimination. Similarly, cities like Toronto and Vancouver are considered to be among the safest in the world, which is why Canada has become an ideal destination to fulfill your dreams, achieve your goals and achieve your professional objectives.
How to find a job in Canada from Mexico?
If you are looking to find a job in Canada, you must keep in mind the following mandatory requirements:
- Be of age
- Have a valid passport.
- Process a Temporary Residence Visa,
- Have a bank account with a minimum age of 3 months.
- Speak English or French fluently.
How can you apply for the job?
Canada has its own immigration laws and procedures and thanks to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), it allows Mexicans to access temporary permits and job boards. The Employment Portal of the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare (STPS) is the tool for Mexican citizens to access and apply for various vacancies offered by the job market in Canada.
Once you enter the main page of the employment portal, go to the Work Abroad section and you will find the means of contact to get updated and direct information as per the date you want to search, you can call 01800 841 2020 Feel free to call or follow their official Facebook page. Keep in mind that this step requires you to have a resume in Canadian format, well prepared so that you will have better chances when you enter the job market. Another way is to access the Canadian Immigration website, upload your resume and check for current offers.
Canada offers three types of work permits:
- for professionals: You must prove your academic training and experience in a specific field. The most sought after professions are:
- systems analysts
- industrial designers
- Transfer within your company: The company’s headquarters in Mexico transfers the employee to the subsidiary in Canada.
- For Agricultural Workers: Farmer and laborer.
How to apply for work permit in Canada?
You must be between 18 and 35 years old, hold a valid passport, not have a financial dependent (such as a child), not be processing a visa as a couple and your Biodata It has to be written in English. You must demonstrate that you have the economic ability to live in the country and the financial liquidity to purchase a return ticket home, which is approximately 2,500 Canadian dollars; To verify this information they will request your statement of account for the last 3 months. The Canadian government will also require you to have health insurance that must be valid during your stay in the country in case you need any services, from medicines to hospitalization.
Your biometric data will be captured: a digital photograph and your fingerprints.
In addition, you will need to pay a fee of 335 Canadian dollars and wait for a job offer confirmation and interview to receive your visa.
Job boards in Canada are managed by territorial governments and run side-by-side with some national agreements and programs to guarantee the opportunity to work overseas.
There are two official job boards, one for agricultural workers and one for professionals. If you want to apply for a job as a professional, you will need to attach your work experience and your academic training. The most sought after professions are:
- systems analysts
- hotel managers
- industrial designers
Any foreigner who wants to work in Canada for a certain period of time needs a work permit and a temporary residence visa. Work authorizations are issued on the basis of a formal job offer approved by a human resources center in Canada. Some activities are exempt from the application of a temporary work permit, among them we can highlight:
- Athlete and Coach.
- Judges and referees of sports or cultural competitions.
- air accident investigator.
- University researchers.
- Journalist and media representative.
- Congress organizer.
- military personnel.
- Artists and Support Staff.
Once you have a formal job offer and you have met the requirements for applying for your visa, you can process your temporary resident visa in Canada. You must:
- Fill up the application form.
- Submit letters of reference from current and former employers.
- Carry a valid passport with space for enclosing the visa.
- Canadian Visa size photos 35 mm wide and 45 mm high.
- Pay the relevant cost while submitting the application. This fee covers the cost of processing your data and is non-refundable if you do not obtain a visa.
- Demonstrate that you have the necessary education, training, professional experience, and knowledge of English or French, depending on the province where you are applying.
- Details of work done and positions held.
- Verify with the visa officer that you meet the requirements of Canadian immigration law and that you will only be in Canada for the duration of the employment contract.
- Have medical expense insurance that covers your entire stay in Canada.
- Demonstrate that you have no criminal record and are not a risk to the country’s security.
Don’t become a victim of fraud!
Unfortunately, job offer scams are on the rise in Canada. Scammers use very sophisticated methods and more and more people fall for them. The best way to protect yourself from a purported recruiter is to write to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico and confirm whether the offer is genuine. send an email to: [email protected]
An authentic job offer has the following characteristics:
- The recruiter has the specific name of the Canadian employer you’ll be working with, the position, location, date and salary.
- The recruiter explains the process you must follow clearly and in detail.
- The recruiter does not ask you to deposit the prescribed fee for the work permit process in a personal account.
- They will never tell you that you can enter as a tourist and once in the country you can process a work permit.
- In the case of temporary agricultural workers, the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare (STPS) is in charge of providing information clearly and accurately. In this case, there is no representative or authorized intermediary who charges for services for participating in the event. You have to go directly to the offices of the National Employment Service and the service is free.
- Before paying for any services please verify your job offer by sending an email to: [email protected]
Best of luck with your processes and send us pics on our network while you’re working in Canada social,
My Tip: How to Prepare for a Job Interview
Benefits That Must Be Legally in Your Job
Remote Working: Productivity Tips
How to process work visa for USA