How to get it if you are serving in the Armed Forces?

How to get it if you are serving in the Armed Forces?

If you are serving or have served in the Armed Forces of the United States and you are interested in becoming a US citizen, you are eligible to apply for naturalization under certain special provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) offers information on eligibility requirements and the naturalization process for members of the Armed Forces.

Requirements to apply for US citizenship through active duty include:

  • Must be 18 years of age or older.
  • Served honorably in the United States Armed Forces.
  • Be a legal permanent resident (Green Card) at the time of your naturalization interview.
  • Find out if you are eligible to apply for US citizenship online using the Naturalization Application (N-400).
Read Also:  Health would approve a universality law so the system could serve immigrants without registry

Contact the military line only USCIS called 1-877-247-4645 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Eastern Time).

If you are abroad, you can communicate by exchanging the telephone base or using the base communication system.

If you meet all the requirements of Section 328 or 329 of the INA, you can apply for naturalization.

How do you know if you qualify?

By means of Form N-400, without the cost of applying for naturalization under Section 328 or 329 of the INA. As a member or veteran of the Armed Forces of the United States, some naturalization requirements may not apply to you.

For example, if you are currently on active duty, you are not required to reside with or be physically present with deer within a period of time before submitting your application for naturalization.

Read Also:  They present the attractions of Sinaloa to California travel agents

Many military installations have a designated coordinator for USCIS to assist you in the process of applying for naturalization. Typically, designated coordinators are assigned to a specific office (e.g., your military installation’s community service center, the DOS family liaison office, or the Military Auditor General).

If you are currently on active duty, request through your chain of command a certification of your honorable military service at Form N-426, Certification of Military or Naval Service.

If you have separated from the Armed Forces of the United States, you must submit a copy of your DD Form 214, Certificate of Separation or Discharge from Active Duty, or the NGB Form 22, National Guard Report on Separation or Service Record for all periods of service shown in Form N-426.

Read Also:  The epizootic hemorrhagic disease has spread in the Basque Country

You can also complete your application by creating an account with USCIS online and filing your Form N-400 online. For more information on how to apply online, visit the Form N-400 website.