Monday, May 29, 2023

How to get residency in US through relatives?

There are several ways to obtain legal residency in the United States of America. One of them is through family ties with the two categories of beneficiaries, which will determine the waiting time for processing.

The first thing to keep in mind is that permanent residence in this country gives the emigrant legal status and the possibility of living and working there. Also, may be eligible to apply for certain government benefits such as Medicaid and disability insurance, and for food assistance programs and other public services.

As a permanent resident (green card or in possession of a green card), the person has the right to reside permanently in the United States, as long as they do not take any action for which they could be deported or removed from the country Is.

The official USCIS website itself specifies that, if you are a close relative of a US citizen, you can become a legal permanent resident (get a permanent resident card) based on your family ties if you meet certain eligibility requirements. Let’s fulfill

For example, a spouse of a US citizen; unmarried children under the age of 21 of a US citizen; or the parent of a US citizen (if the US citizen is 21 years of age or older).

Residence in the US by close relatives

In this sense, there are two categories of beneficiaries: immediate relatives and family preference.

With respect to immediate relatives, in the “Spouse and children under 21 years of age” section, the process is done through two forms: One, the I-130 Form by which citizen spouses and children under 21 years of age Immigrant visa requests for children under . and Form I-485, by which the immigrant spouse requests a change of residence or status if they remain in the United States with another visa.

Within the family preference category are the “first preference” categories, which correspond to unmarried children of any age of American parents. In second place, “second preference”, which covers the wives and children of permanent residents 21 years of age or older, who are not married.

The “third preference” includes married children of US citizens, their wives and children, and the fourth applies to siblings, their wives and minor children of US citizens.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Desk
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here