BancoEstado has announced a series of changes for the RUT Account, a banking product with more than 14 million users. One of the new features is the elimination of charges for transfers through own channels and the possibility of opening a RUT Account without having to go to the bank, because it can be received by delivery at home.
How to open a RUT Account without going to the bank and receive it by mail?
Those over 18 years of age can get their RUT Account completely digitally, without having to go to a branch. The procedure is done through facial biometrics, which allows customers to register, create their account and start using it immediately.
For those who are not bank clients and want to open their RUT Account 100% digitally, they need to follow these steps:
- Download the BancoEstado application.
- Enter your RUT and select the option “open RUT Account”.
- Scan the ID card on both sides and take a photo of your face.
- Enter your cell phone number and email. These records will be saved as security data, and an SMS will be sent to validate the information.
- Enter other information such as address, occupation and income level.
- Generate RUT Account digital card key.
- View and accept contracts.
- Select the “Create Account” option, and the account is ready to use. The user will receive an email with the RUT Account documentation.
The new card can be requested with delivery throughout Chile for $3,900. The delivery of the RUT Account card with delivery may take between 3 and 8 business days, depending on the geographical area.
These changes represent greater convenience and accessibility for RUT Account users, as they allow them to carry out the entire account opening process from the comfort of their home.