New and great feature of WhatsApp
It should be noted that the tool is available for both Android and iOS devices and does not require downloading an external application for the messaging service.
With this in mind, a series of simple steps should be followed:
- Open WhatsApp application on the device.
- Enter chat and start typing text.
- To highlight a word or phrase, an asterisk must be used.
- at the beginning and end of the text you want to highlight.
- If you’re using an Android device, you can use shortcuts to speed up the process. Just long press a word or entire text you want to highlight and a menu will pop up. Touch the “Bold” option and the highlight will be automatically applied.
For iPhone devices, touch and hold a word or phrase to select it. Then, click on “Select” or “Select All”. Finally, select the “Bold” option and the text will immediately become highlighted.
With this new functionality, WhatsApp wants to provide its users with the ability to highlight and emphasize certain words or messages in their conversations. This can be especially useful for highlighting important information, focusing attention on a specific point, or just adding an engaging touch to a chat.
WhatsApp: This is how the new Conversation Lock works
As revealed by WABetaInfo portal that specializes in WhatsApp updates, the app’s latest beta update for Android 18.104.22.168, available in the Google Play Store, will feature “Chat Lock”, which will let you block specific chats using your fingerprint. or a password or security pin.
- It should be noted that in order to activate it, a series of simple steps must be followed:
- open whatsapp
- Click on the conversation you want to block.
- Click on the name to enter contact details.
- Click on the “Chat Lock” option that will appear next to the Message encryption and temporary messaging functions.
- Activate the option “Lock this conversation with fingerprint”.
Scan fingerprint to confirm lock.
The purpose of this function is for users to be able to provide more security for the conversations they want to protect and that are safe from unwanted eyes.
If the user forgets the password, the software will ask the user to delete the chat to access it, so that he/she will not be able to enter and read old messages.