Healthy diet, physical activity, “miracle” capsules and powders. Those who are faced with the arduous task of losing weight resort to all possible means to achieve this goal, which is undoubtedly very difficult to achieve.
The most important thing is not to give up. It will be a matter of trying again and again until you can win the battle against the stubborn fats that stick to the body and cannot be removed.
But beyond professional treatment from a nutritionist or nutritionist, there are many home remedies, natural ingredients that contribute to weight loss. One of them is turmeric and here we tell you how this plant used in Ayurvedic medicine can help you lose weight.
Turmeric and weight loss: Can this plant help you lose weight?
Turmeric root, crushed into powder, is used to flavor and give an intense yellow color to rice, fish and meat. Yes, like saffron, just as sweet but a little more bitter and spicy. Another function that turmeric has had since ancient times is coloring fibers.
But the power of this plant is even greater, as its consumption is very beneficial for the body. According to the website Take Care Plus It is said to have medicinal properties against cancer, high cholesterol and arthritis, among other things.
Numerous studies in recent years have shown its great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, which contribute to the activation of the metabolic system. This is one of the many positive effects of turmeric on health Review of scientific papers published in 2019 on the website of United States National Library of Medicine He also attributes this food an important role in weight loss.
Turmeric and weight loss: Can this plant help you lose weight? Turmeric chicken tortellini, a delicacy from @angie.cocina
If you include it frequently in your diet, it will help digest meals better and reduce saturated and trans fats in the body. It acts on metabolism by reducing the growth of adipose tissue to lose weight and helps reduce some inflammatory markers that are particularly elevated in overweight and obese people. explains Tua Saúde’s website.
Natural: Since it is a dietary supplement, it must be accompanied by a healthy, low-calorie diet, proper hydration, physical activity and good rest.
How to consume turmeric
Turmeric and weight loss: Can this plant help you lose weight? Daily turmeric tea supports the entire metabolism.
The UnComo Web from Mundo Deportivo, offers more information about the benefits of turmeric and adds some recommendations to include it in your diet and lose weight:
- 1) Incorporate it into your meals. To use it as a seasoning, it is enough to sprinkle a few teaspoons while cooking. It will also play an important role in preventing heavy digestion. In this case, you should add a spoonful of dessert to a cup of hot water and drink it after a big meal.
- 2) Turmeric infusion. Drinking a tea with ground turmeric every day helps improve metabolism. To prepare it, you need to boil water and add a teaspoon of this spice. Let sit for 10 minutes until cool, strain and season with honey and lemon.
- 3) Curcumin and polyphenols. According to various studies, these two compounds give turmeric its slimming properties. Curcumin is the plant’s characteristic orange pigment. When absorbed into the body, it helps block the formation of fatty tissue. Polyphenols help break down and burn fat deposited in the body, making it easier to maintain a stable weight.
- 4) Turmeric based capsules. They are sold in herbal and diet stores to be taken daily and help you lose weight. The dosage must be specified by a professional as excessive consumption can cause stomach upset.
- 5) Precautions. Some people should avoid consuming turmeric: pregnant women (it could act as a uterine stimulant) and breastfeeding women. Also patients with gallstones or blockages and those suffering from heart failure. Anyone taking prescription medications should consult their family doctor to avoid interactions.