Not long ago, it was practically impossible to make a copy of text between a mobile phone and a Windows computer, but it is no longer the case, as we have ways of doing it that can be done in a much simpler way than you imagine.
It is clear that whatever technology is there is changing at a compelling pace, turning tasks that seemed practically impossible a few years ago into something wholly feasible today.
A good example is the one we are going to talk about today, a task that could not have been imagined until a few years ago and which can be accomplished in a simpler way than today’s imagination.
Years ago it seemed that integration between mobiles and computers was only available to those who were part of the Apple ecosystem. Well, there is already a solution so that if you have an Android phone and the Windows operating system on your computer, both devices can be synchronized, which should allow you to copy and paste text between them .
We will look at two ways to be able to carry out this task, one that we can call natively and the other using third party applications.
Let’s see how you can sync Android phone and Windows computer so that you can easily copy and paste text between two devices using the clipboard.
Android and Windows Phone: Clipboard
Before we look for an application for third parties that can help us synchronize our terminal with windows and thus be able to use clipboard Between the two, we are going to use the basic way to perform the same task.
thank you for phone link We will achieve perfect integration between an Android phone and our Windows 11 operating system.
The main disadvantage is that the clipboard sharing functionality Only works with some Samsung devices, Therefore, if you do not have a compatible device of this brand, you will be obliged to perform this task with a third-party application.
The Phone Link program comes pre-installed on Windows devices, but you’ll still need to install the Windows Link app on your Android phone, which is available in the Google Play Store.
Once the two applications are on both the computer and the smartphone, we must perform the following steps:
- click on the magnifying glass Next to the Start button in Windows 11, type more mobile linkTo select the application as soon as it appears on the screen.
- Once the application is open, it’s time to click on the button to start,
- We verify that we have the link to the Windows application ready, and then click pair with qr code,
- At that time we open the application attach a windows In our terminal with Android.
- Next, what we should do is touch the button Contact of our Windows 11 phone and computer.
- Now you have to press the button continue and point the camera QR code that appears on the computer screen.
- It’s time to follow the instructions shown by both the phone and the computer to end the connection.
- So, in the Phone Link app, we’re going to EstablishmentThen copy and paste between devices and activate this option,
From now on, as long as your Samsung phone and computer are on the same WiFi, you’ll be able to copy text from device to device without doing anything special, as they’ll share the clipboard.
The moment you copy something to your computer, it will automatically allow you to copy it to your phone. Furthermore, if we have clipboard history enabled, we can even access previously copied text We need to be able to use them on that device whenever we want.
KDE Connect. use
If unfortunately you don’t have a phone that is compatible with PhoneLink, we will always be able to use a third-party application called where connectWhich offers all the faculties to be able to copy text between our two devices.
To get this application all you need to do is go to the Microsoft Store, as always, install the same app but from the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
For this program to work as we want, it is necessary that both devices, both computer and mobile phone, Connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Once this is done, we can now configure KDE Connect on the computer and Android phone to sync them.
We should follow the following steps:
- As always, first you need to install the KDE Connect application on your computer and Android phone from the respective links.
- We open the KDE Connect application on both devices.
- Going to click on us on your mobile phone computer nameBecause it should appear.
- click on request pair,
- Click Next To accept In the notification that appears.
At present both computer and mobile phone are running together.
To get the text to be copied from mobile phone to computer, we need to do the following:
- we copy the text on smartphone.
- Once that is done, we display the notification and tap send clipboard Inside KDE Connect.
- After doing this step, we can press the key in the computer Ctrl + V or to right click and choose paste, we can also press Windows + V To view text on the clipboard.
- we have to click send clipboard It has to work because of some restrictions in Android which doesn’t allow to do it automatically.
- Previously, this could be done with KDE Connect, it worked without any problems, but now you have to take this extra step.
If we want to copy text from computer to phone, we will not have to do anything strange, because Windows does not have the restriction that we have in the Android operating system.
We just have to make sure that KDE Connect is running and connected on both devices. To find out, we just need to locate the KDE Connection system tray icon in the Windows system tray while the application is running.
KDE Connect starts automatically when we start Windows and connects to the phone freely and independently.
These are two of the most effective methods that we have right now of being able to copy and paste text within our Android mobile devices and computers with Windows 11 operating system.