According to the health portal Tua Saudhe, cucumber -or kheera- is a water-rich food with low calories, promotes weight loss and improves intestinal transit due to its antioxidant properties.
It is then that this vegetable can be used both in the kitchen and in aesthetics; However, its properties allow it to participate in the well-being of health like:
- Control high blood pressure: The Mayo Clinic explains that high blood pressure is “the force that blood exerts against the walls of your arteries,” which can lead to complications for the heart. The World Health Organization, WHO, specifies that at least 1,280 million adults between the ages of 30 and 79 are most likely to develop it.
Furthermore, excessive consumption of sodium often affects high blood pressure, for this reason, moderate intake and/or consumption of potassium-rich foods (such as cucumber) which may promote the elimination of vessel-relaxing sodium blood.
- Manage Diabetes: The WHO assures that diabetes is a rapidly growing disease in low- and middle-income countries as compared to countries with more robust economies.
This disease is caused by the failure of the pancreas to produce insulin (type I diabetes) and/or the cells’ resistance to it (type II diabetes), which, if left untreated, can lead to serious complications, such as: renal insufficiency in the lower limbs failure, blindness, stroke and amputation.
For this reason, and to prevent its development, cucumbers are composed of cucurbits, which participate in the regulation of glucose in the bloodstream because they stimulate its production.
- Avoid the development of atherosclerosis: The clinic indicates that it is caused by hardening and thickening of the blood vessels, which leads to obstruction of the blood flow. It is then that cucumber can reduce body fat, preventing the appearance of LDL cholesterol, which tends to accumulate, blocking blood flow.
- Take care of the skin: While it can cause allergies in some, it brings relief to others, as it hydrates and refreshes the skin.
- Fight Constipation: According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), “Constipation is a condition in which a person has to have a bowel movement less than three times a week; the stool is hard, dry or lumpy; passing stool is difficult or painful; Or there is a feeling that the evacuation was not completed”. And cucumber can counteract this condition, thanks to the fiber and water it contains, which soften the stool, facilitating evacuation.
In the meantime, this food can be included in a balanced diet, and if possible under the guidance of a nutritionist.
As indicated, in aesthetics, cucumber is a favorite food because of its antioxidant properties. For example, to combat acne, a skin disorder that typically appears when hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead cells, pickles “neutralize” the oil that comes with acne. ,” says Major Con Salud.
Although acne may come and go, in some people, these acne leave scars like holes or bumps on the skin, so it is important to visit a dermatologist who will prescribe medications to combat the condition.
Also, to get relief from the symptoms of burns, injuries and dermatitis, cucumber can be used in the following ways.
How to use cucumber?
- cut cucumber
- apply it on the affected areas