Standing for long hours, walking too hard, wearing very narrow, high-heeled shoes or tight socks can cause severe pain or swelling in the feet, ankles and legs. In addition to increasing circulation problems.
To counteract these effects, do salt water baths It can be very effective and soothing.
What are the benefits? A note from the UnCOMO site details the following effects of this preparation. is:
- Active in circulation.
With this, it is possible relieve pain, fatigue and muscle cramps.
Why include hot water
Although the water itself is therapeutic, to improve the effects of the recommendation is alternate cold and hot water.
- This will increase the feeling of relaxation and well-being.
- Endorphins will increase.
- Muscles relax more easily.
- The analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect will be more powerful.
- It improves circulation.
How to prepare salt water foot baths
Ingredients and materials
- 2 containers of a size that allows you to immerse your feet at the same time.
- Sea salt (available in health food stores and supermarkets).
- Fill a container with warm water; and the other, with cold water. In both cases, the temperature should be comfortable.
- Add about half a cup of salt to each basin or tub.
- Stir until the granules are well dissolved.
- Soak your feet in a bowl of warm water for 20 minutes.
- After that time, put your feet in cold water and salt at the same time.
- Remove your feet from the water and dry them well with a towel.
- Do a light massage with soothing essential oils, such as lavender, or a moisturizing cream for five minutes.
A warning: if there are wounds, avoid applying oils or creams.
The recipe with vinegar
If you are looking for a stronger effect, you can add apple cider vinegar or wine.
A basic explanation: these signs are indicative and do not replace medical treatment. If you have questions, it is important to consult a professional.