Sunday, December 10, 2023

Huge crater in Chile has already doubled in size and doesn’t stop growing

“There’s a lot of pollution, We have many silicosis patients here., Boys and girls with autism and the pollution that covers all the roofs. They dried up our river and poured water into it, kill all wildlife To prioritize water for the work of mining and agricultural companies,” says the mayor.

in this context, National Geology and Mining Service of Chile (Sernejomin) ordered the mining corporation, Compania Candelaria, to paralyze all its operations in the area.

aguero chile.mp4

south slope

Government will punish those responsible for sinkhole

According to a statement on Monday, the Chilean government will seek to impose harsher sanctions on those responsible for the sinkhole near the Canadian Lundin copper mine in the north of the country. Minister of Mines, Marcela Hernando,

Read Also:  They seized over 8 tons of cocaine from Ecuador

“Despite the fact that Sernajomin conducted an inspection in July, was not able to detect this overexploitation And, therefore, it also makes us think that we need to improve our control procedures,” the minister said in a statement.

So far, officials have not provided details of the investigation being carried out into the cause of the incident.

,We’re about to move on to the final results of the approvalNot only fine because sometimes the state has very little equipment and the fines are insignificant, but not only the fines, but the dire consequences for the mining company should be exemplary.”

Read Also:  Young Cuban teen killed in military service in Holguin

Canadian company Owns 80% ownershipWhile the remaining 20% ​​is in the hands of Sumitomo Metal Mining and Sumitomo Corporation of Japan.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Desk
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news