Buying an old bike is harder than buying a new bike. When buying a second hand bike, the customer has to guess the right price and check all the details starting from choosing the right option on the internet. Sometimes even licks the goodies when taking old bikes. Today, we are going to tell you some important things that every customer should keep in mind while buying an old bike. So let’s get started.
1. The most important thing is to decide what kind of bike you want to take. There are plenty of bikes on the market with different engine capabilities and features. You should decide in advance what your budget will be to get the old bike. After knowing these two things, start looking for the bike option available on the internet or in the market.
2. Read the details carefully when looking at old bikes on the internet. In addition to information such as odometer readings and insurance, many vendors also keep track of changes made to bikes. The more you know about cars, the better. Look carefully at all the pictures of the bike. Also check if there is any damage. Then go to see him physically. If registration number is available, also check the owner’s name and information about the movement on the vehicle portal.
Read more: Want a sub-compact SUV priced below Rs 7 lakh? These vehicles with strong features are the best
3. Once you like the bike, get the document information from Honor. How long the bike has been with them, how long it has been running and why they are selling, be sure to ask something like this. Examine the bike physically.
4. Try to drive at least 5-10 km before buying a bike. This will give you an idea about the performance, engine and braking of the bike. Also check the parts of the bike like headlights, indicators, horns, tire condition, brakes. If possible, take a confident mechanic with you
Read more: Want to get an old car? Here are 5 things to keep in mind before buying, you can avoid big losses
5. Examine all documents carefully. Make sure the vehicle identification number and engine number match the bike’s paperwork. If the insurance is running, then take the information related to the claim from the insurance number to know that the bike accident did not happen.