IHG Hotels & Resorts (IHG), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, today announced a number of changes to its Americas development leadership team. The introduction of new key team members follows the retirement of America’s Head of Development, Joel Eiseman, in June 2022 and the subsequent appointment of former Vice President of Development, Julien Smith, to the role.
With more than 4,200 hotels in the United States, Canada and MLAC (Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean), IHG’s presence in the US represents more than 70 percent of its global portfolio. Steps in America’s growth leadership team is aimed at continued growth and the addition of new properties to the IHG portfolio by current and future owners.
Effective immediately, IHG America’s restructured development leadership team includes the following executives:
- After serving as Vice President of Transactions and Asset Management for Americas, Matt Frankewicz has taken over from the former Senior Vice President of Development Smith. In this role, Matt will oversee the advancement and development of IHG’s luxury, lifestyle and premium brands in the United States and Canada, and will continue to lead the development and owner support team for all IHG brands. Frankiewicz joined IHG in 2017 after holding various leadership positions during his more than two decades at White Lodging Services and Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
- Tiffany Cooper has joined the Americas development leadership team in a leading role as Senior Vice President and Head of Development for North America and the Caribbean with IHG’s Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Group brand. A hospitality veteran who began her career at Kimpton Hotels 25 years ago, Cooper has led the brand’s regional development over the past four years and used the collaborative resources of the Americas development team to expand Kimpton’s wallet and imprint. Will continue to take advantage. ,
- Kevin Schramm will continue to serve as Senior Vice President of Development for IHG’s Essentials & Suites brands in the United States and Canada. During his more than 20 years of development leadership experience, including a decade at IHG, Schramm has overseen the teams responsible for a large portion of their organizations’ annual signings.
- Based on his experience as General Manager of Latin America and the Caribbean at Radisson Hotel Group Americas and Regional Vice President at Marriott International, Paul Aidan joins IHG as MLAC Senior Regional Vice President. Backed by over 25 years of development and operations experience, Aden will lead MLAC’s regional development team, leveraging its strong track record of brand development and managing franchise deals to identify and pursue new opportunities. will achieve success.
In addition, IHG has made the following significant changes to the regional development team:
- Mike Vernet will replace Frankiewicz’s former vice president of development and owner support. Prior to joining IHG, Vernett managed a large portion of JLL’s diversified hotel portfolio and led the development of the organization’s North American business intelligence platform. His 25+ years of hospitality experience also includes at RLJ and White Lodging, where he managed over $10 million in hotel investments and led business planning at the enterprise level.
- Scott Duff has joined IHG as Canada’s new Vice President of Development. With over three decades of development, branding and estate brokerage experience in the Canadian hospitality ecosystem, Duff will oversee the strategic growth and development of IHG’s luxury, lifestyle and premium brands, in parallel with overall responsibility for its essential product brands and suites .
Julien Smith, Chief Development Officer for Americas at IHG commented, “I am excited about the strong ability of our Americas Growth leadership team to capitalize on future growth opportunities and build on our recent momentum while working to grow with owners. I’m excited.” existing and new. My team members have a significant breadth and depth of experience and proven abilities to engage with owners and developers in their respective careers. Under this new leadership, I am confident that our best-in-class team will continue to strengthen IHG and drive significant change within our industry.
The changes to the Americas development leadership team provide a continuation of a strong start to the year in which IHG signed on to 108 hotels in the Americas region representing approximately 11,500 rooms in the first half of 2022. During the same period, IHG opened 42 hotels and added more than 4,300 rooms to its total regional number.