Indian fried rice is a delicious dish that combines the traditional flavors and spices of Indian cuisine with a British twist. This recipe is perfect for those who want to try something different and enjoy the exotic flavors of India, without the complications. In this article, you will learn how to make delicious Indian fried rice in the UK. Read on to find out how!
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Wash the basmati rice in cold water until the water runs clear.
- Place the rice in a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water is completely absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a large pot or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and chopped ginger to the pan and cook until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Add the carrot, pepper and peas to the pan and cook for a few minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- In a separate bowl, mix soy sauce, curry powder, salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over the vegetables in the pan and stir well.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan with the vegetables and soy sauce mixture. Stir gently to combine all the ingredients.
- Cook the fried rice for a few more minutes, until heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve the Indian fried rice in individual plates.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro before serving.