Find out up to what age you can get a PGU. If it has any expiry date or you may lose it.
universal guaranteed pension This is part of the benefits that the government provides older adults If they meet the requested requirements, they can apply for benefits IPS.
One of the points that must be met is Not belonging to a household that is part of the richest 10% of the population Above 65 years of age. These and more details are in the following RedNews note.
Is there any age limit to receive PGU payment? In these cases you may lose your pension.
The age to request for Universal Guaranteed Pension is 65 years or older, but if we talk about the age limit to receive PGU, there is no limit. That means there is no such age when a person stops getting pension.
but if There are cases in which the benefit of the Universal Guaranteed Pension may be terminated or specifically lost. And we explain them to you below:
It can be lost in the following cases:
- For him I do not collect PGU for six months Continuous.
- By Non submission of records to IPS To verify compliance with the requirements for maintaining benefits in the three months following your request.
It can be terminated in the following cases:
- Due to death of the beneficiary. In this case, the benefit will be paid till the last day of the month of death.
- To remain outside the national territory for a period exceeding 180 days (six months), continuous or discontinuous, during a calendar year.
- To submit incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate records to prove compliance with the requirements to access PGU benefits.
- To stop complying with the requirement not to belong to the richest 10% of the population.
Review PGU requirements here
How to apply in PGU?
The first thing you should know is that this process can be done throughout the year and you have these options to complete it:
- to apply Online you must enter www.chileatiande.cl or www.ips.gob.cl Log in with your RUT and unique code.
- The other option is to go in person Chileatiende or IPS branches.
- execute the process in Municipality Reporter.
- or through you AFP or insurance companies (If you belong to these institutions).