Israel bombing Gaza two hours after the ceasefire with the militia went into effect Palestinians From Bandage in response to launch of two rockets after the deadline for a ceasefire brokered by Egypt, “The army is currently attacking the Gaza Strip,” he confirmed in a brief statement. a military spokesman,
technically Both sides have violated the ceasefire This ended the five-day escalation of the battle in which they have been killed. 34 gases, One of them in Israel, and an old Israelite woman.
The agreement, mediated by Egypt commitment to “Stop attacks on civilians and homes” and went into effect at 10:00 p.m. local time.
Although cease fire not completed It cannot be denied that the parties themselves have restrained themselves overnight and have not resumed the tensions that continued last Tuesday when Israel attacked. Operation ‘Shield and Arrow’ with the aim of killing senior officers of Islamic Jihad,
Muhammad Al Hindi are senior leaders of Palestinian Islamic Jihad (yip) i was in cairo His organization said, Considered a terrorist by Israel, the United States and the European Union “The Israelis will respect the ceasefire agreement as long as the enemy abides by it.”
On his behalf, Israel’s National Security Advisor, tzachi hanegbi thanked Egypt and confirmed that his country had accepted the ceasefire, but warned “He will continue to do whatever it takes to defend himself” If you get new attacks.
The announcement was issued at the same time as rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip. To which the Israeli army responded, almost immediately, with new bombardments on the enclave, at the time when the ceasefire came into force.
In response to Rocket, Israeli aviation attacked five hidden rocket launchers and a military outpost used as a training facility for the terrorist organization YIP, an Israeli army spokesman said of the last bombardment before the ceasefire. broke in two hours,
extraordinary measures, such as movement and assembly restrictions for Israelis who live 40 kilometers around the Gaza Strip will continue until Monday afternoon, but officials They have not announced when they will open the border With Gaza, something vital for the supply of basic services in the impoverished enclave.
The only power generator in the Strip, home to 2.5 million residents, was running out of fuel While hospitals were unable to supply and one of them was seriously damaged.
The damage to infrastructure is substantial, because hundred buildings destroyed In the enclave, many of them are residential, and the only hospital in the center of the enclave has been lost. serious damage,
Rumors of an imminent ceasefire mediated by Egypt, the United Nations and Qatar had been circulating for several days, but Both sides to the conflict assured that talks were going “very difficult”. Apparently because of Israel’s refusal to stop the killings of senior YIP commanders. The group has lost eighteen militiamen. from them six senior officers,
Since Tuesday, the army has successfully attacked 371 positions of YIP. including the addresses of its members and military installations, whereas The Islamic group fired 1,234 projectiles from the strip, Rockets and mortars, most of which fell in uninhabited areas or were intercepted by anti-aircraft systems.
A total of 33 Gazans were killed inside the Strip, at least 15 civilians, including seven children, and 147 were injured According to the latest count of the Ministry of Health of the enclave.
On the Israeli side, there were two deaths: An elderly woman died on Thursday when a rocket hit her building Rehovot and one with a work permit in Israel due to shrapnel impact while grazing near the Gaza enclave today.