This Monday was announced in an official statement alongside the call for the Colombian national team for the elderly, which faces matches against their counterparts in Iraq and Germany on June 16 and 20, dates FIFA used to prepare for the qualifiers. Will work for South American teams for the 2026 World Cup, which is due to start in September. Reference players are absent from the list, such as goalkeeper David Ospina, midfielder James Rodríguez and striker Falcao García.
Professor Lorenzo had James and Falcao in mind in previous calls, while Ospina was not kept in mind due to a recent injury from which he was recovering in his squad in Saudi Arabia.
The decision of the coach of the Colombian national team regarding James Rodríguez seems to be relevant, as the number ’10’ has been unemployed for several weeks after his sudden departure from Olympiakos, Greece, and is currently working only on his own. , participating in business events and sharing with our close relatives both at home and abroad.
The man from Cucuta recently admitted that it was not the best time to be in the Colombian national team, despite the fact that he was being considered and with the confidence of the coaching staff led by Lorenzo.
In the case of Falcao García, the season was not a continuation at Rayo Vallecano in the Spanish league, and he ended as a substitute. Along with this, the popular “Tiger” also suffered from some physical ailments that affected him.
That being the case and without our main references from recent times, the amount of experience in the Colombian national team would be against Iraqis and Germans, against the likes of defender Yerry Mina and midfielder Juan Guillermo Cuadrado, among others.
List of Colombian national team summonses
- Alvaro Monteiro – Millonarios FC (COL)
- Andres Salazar – Atlético Nacional (col)
- Camilo Vargas – Atlas FC (MEX)
- Daniel Munoz – KRC Genk (BEL)
- Davinson Sanchez – Tottenham Hotspur (England)
- Devar Machado – RC Lens (FRA)
- Diego Valois – Cordoba Workshop (ARG)
- Jefferson Lerma – AFC Bournemouth (England)
- John Arias – Fluminense (BRA)
- Jhon Lukumi – Bologna FC (ITA)
- Juan David Mosquera – Portland Timbers (USA)
- Juan Guillermo Cuadrado – Juventus (ITA)
- Jorge Carrascal – CSKA Moscow (RUS)
- Kevin Castano – Golden Eagles (COL)
- Kevin Myer – National Athletic (COL)
- Luis Diaz – Liverpool FC (England)
- Matheus Uribe – FC Porto (POR)
- Mateo Caseira – Zenit (RUS)
- Oscar Cortes – Millonarios FC (COL)
- Rafael Santos Borre – Eintracht Frankfurt (ALE)
- Wilmar Barrios – Zenit (RUS)
- Yasser Asprilla – Watford FC (England)
- Yerry Mina – Everton (England)
- Yerson Mosquera – Cincinnati FC (USA)