Monday, June 27, 2022

Jessica Simpson Receives $67M Loan Six Months After Reclaiming Her Brand

Singer-turned-designer Jessica Simpson refinanced her apparel company just six months after taking full control of the multi-billion dollar brand.

The former reality TV star secured a $67.5 million loan from Second Avenue Capital Partners—backed by American Eagles Outfitters and the DSW owner Schottenstein family—in a deal that mortgages all of the Jessica Simpson Collection assets, including her Brand is also included. as collateral, according to a source familiar with the deal.

Simpson, 41, and his mother, Tina — who owned 37.5% of the company they launched 16 years ago — bought the remaining 62.5% back from licensing firm Sequential Brands Group for $65 million, which filed for bankruptcy protection in August 2021. was filed for. Both, according to the source, mortgaged their personal assets, including their houses, to raise funds for the acquisition.

Read Also:  Workers grapple with new tensions as they return to the office

Second Avenue Capital Partners said in a statement that the new financing will be used to eliminate old debt from First Eagle Alternative Credit and Whitehawk Capital and expand the popular brand.

The Jessica Simpson Collection will include a slew of new products, including skincare and wellness products.
Getty Images for Jessica Simpson

“It is a better debt on the company.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the source said the financing gives the Simpsons more freedom to use the company’s “significant” cash flow, giving them more latitude to invest in the company to pay off their debt. Instead of focusing on

Simpson’s fashion line for women and girls — which includes clothing, accessories, shoes, perfumes and accessories — is sold at department stores including Macy’s and Nordstrom, but the new financing is likely to expand its reach.

Read Also:  Britain's Parliament opens with fanfare, trouble for Boris Johnson

According to a Second Avenue press release, the company is “on target for a record-breaking 2022”. It has 37 product categories and the company plans to add skin care, health and wellness, fine jewelry and furniture.

Hoping to do so before Sequential filed for bankruptcy protection, the entertainer struggled last year to raise enough cash to buy back its brand. According to court filings, she feared another buyer would swoon, but was in the end the sole bidder for her company.

“This refinancing is incredibly attractive because it provides the company with greater flexibility but more importantly, it deepens an important relationship.” [with] Schottenstein family,” said William Sussman, who helped secure the first financing deal.

Jay Schottenstein
Jay Schottenstein is the CEO of American Eagle Outfitters.
Getty Images for the AAFA American Image Awards

,

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -