Budapest-based KAMManufaktur has developed the 912c over many years, designed for performance while maintaining and improving usability in every element. The company launched the 912c prototype in September 2022 to positive response and reviews from across the globe.
As a prototype, the 912c had a track-oriented specification, making for an exciting yet demanding drive. Released today the production specification of the 912c has been revised to feel as good on the road as it does on the track, while staying true to the KAMM spirit of Dare to Drive with exhilarating performance, analog feel and unparalleled capability Is. Really excellent at daily driving and usage tracking.
The road-legal production-spec KAMM 912c weighs just 750kg wet. Its 2.0 JPS air-cooled engine produces 190bhp, 228Nm of torque and has the most power per liter of any air-cooled street engine, compared to 82bhp in the Porsche 2.2S and 78. CV per liter in the 2.7 Offers 95bhp per litre. Rupees. ,KAMM 912C -Frontal-3-4
The major updates to the production specification are as follows:
- 2.0 JPS aircooled 616 engine with 7200rpm redline with upgraded box, heads and rods producing 190hp and 228Nm of torque
- KAMM semi-active coil suspension based on Tractive. Multi-stage, electronically adjustable (via 5-position analog dial located in the cab). Level preset by KAMM engineers to provide the perfect balance for road and track
- KAMM electronic fuel injection and throttle bodies replace carburetors to provide consistent performance levels in all environments, ease of starting, and improved power and torque.
- Added Life Racing ECU and PDM to aid regular use and provide the ability to obtain detailed engine diagnostics
- APC brakes all the way to improve performance and reduce unsprung weight
- Custom Stainless Steel Road Exhaust System With Upgraded Mufflers And Catalytic Converters
- Revised gear ratios to improve high-speed cruising
- Revised steering rack gear: 2.5 turns lock-to-lock (compared to 1.7 on the prototype)
- Full carbon fiber bodywork options: Semi-carbon bodywork as standard
- Choice of 5-bolt or center-lock casters in various designs
- Track Tuned Engine Option
KAMM manufactures lightweight cars that are designed to be driven, driver driven and have everything you need for the sport of driving and nothing more. Improving upon perfection, without compromise, KAMM builds on the existing greatness of the classic 912 to create the impressive 912c offered with an impressive standard specification.
KAMM engineers restore all classic donated cars to perfection, creating the perfect base template from which to build the KAMM 912c. Steel has been replaced with carbon fiber produced by KAMM, blended seamlessly without a trace to ensure a flawless finish and perfect fit. Numerous bespoke parts have been designed and manufactured at KAMM headquarters to create the 912c, with each component enhancing the car while maintaining its classic feel.
The 912c looks and feels like it did back in the day with modern touches that add upgrades and upgrades never seen before. It appears to be a completely original classic that bears close scrutiny while elevating the iconic 912 without losing its style, ethos or character. The result is a dynamically exciting classic racing car that pleases the senses while offering a level of utility not found in traditional classic racing cars.
Swiss motorsport specialists JPS Aircooled assist in the creation of an exclusive high-performance 4-cylinder engine that delivers maximum reliability with exemplary performance.
KAMM engineers greatly improved the chassis, brakes, suspension, wheels and tyres, replacing all original items with factory-new parts, including lights, fixings and rubber.
Every 912c is built to order. After detailed consultation with Miklós Kajmer, founder of KAMM, to fully understand the individual needs of the buyers, the 912c was built to perform and look exactly the owner’s intent. Unlimited paint options and individual interior redesigns complete the transformation prior to extensive road and track evaluation to ensure that every 912c is worthy of the KAMM name.
Official production of the KAMM 912c began in January of this year when construction began on the first customer car, destined for the United States, with several others being built for delivery around the world.
Miklós Kázmér, founder of KAMManufaktur, said: “I am very pleased to present the KAMM 912c production specification to the world. It was a proud moment for us to receive such high praise for our prototype, and we are confident that the production specification will be equally well received. The 912c is designed to be as utilitarian as a modern car, but maintains the driving experience of a classic race car. We deliver reliability and performance with the analog feel you’d expect from a 1960s sports car, and that makes it unique in the restomod business.
As a result of the improved specifications, the 2023 KAMM 912c now costs €360,000, including a donor 912. Customers could also choose to use their own 912 for the conversion, which cost €320,000. There are only two build slots left for 2023.