The much-anticipated report on former Boston Police Department officer Patrick Rose’s handling of sexual assault allegations is still nowhere to be found, more than a month after Boston’s acting Mayor Kim Janney promised it was released.
Jenny said months ago that by June 17 – or 45 days after the new executive director of the Office of Police Accountability and Transparency begins her job – that the office will release the report.
Earlier this week the acting mayor said the report would be released “in the coming days”, but his office did not release it until Friday evening.
Jenny’s press office said in a statement, “I ended decades of silence defending an accused child predator within the BPD and directed the Office of Police Accountability and Transparency to recommend how to do this again.” ,” Jenny’s press office said in a statement, referring to her order in April. Some BPD files related to the case.
Jenny’s office will not raise additional questions about why her office missed a deadline in the mid-1990s to issue the BPD’s investigation report.
Rose has been charged with raping six children, including a 14-year-old girl who told police that Rose sexually assaulted her at their West Roxbury home from age 7 to age 12, and a On occasion, a drive-in movie theater. Rose was granted $270,000 bail last August.
In 1995, officers filed a complaint of indecent assault and battery on a man under the age of 14 against Rose in 1995, which led to police filing criminal charges and launching an internal affairs investigation, Jenny said in the files released.
In June 1996, Rose was removed from administrative desk duty and his gun was taken away after investigators found evidence to support the charges. He remained there for at least a year, but was reinstated sometime after October 1997.
Rose retired from the force in 2018 after serving four years as president of the Boston Police Patrolmen’s Association.