To save a new sticker that you received through WhatsApp Messenger, you must first click on the sticker and then press the star icon (displayed messages), however, this is not the only function of mentioned tool, there is another very similar one. one they call “stored messages”, Do you want to know their differences? In Depor we will explain.
The two options that we have just mentioned are native to WhatsApp and are already in the stable (official) version, therefore, you do not need to download the beta program if you want to use them.
Before starting to discuss their differences, we will tell you how to access highlighted and preserved messages: first, enter any chat >press for a few seconds on a text or file > press the star icon located at the bottom. ; for the second one, activate temporary messages > then press text or file > press the flag icon (top right).
These are the differences between displayed and preserved WhatsApp messages
- Featured messages are identified with a star icon.
- It is used to save stickers and favorite messages, so you can easily access them and not look for them in the conversation.
- You can find your featured messages in the chat settings.
- Preserved messages are identified with a flag icon.
- They are only activated after you enable temporary messages, the feature that automatically deletes all conversation content after 24, 7 or 90 days.
- As their name indicates, they serve to preserve or save a text or file, so that it is not deleted by “temporary messages.”
- You can access the content maintained in the chat settings.
What are the differences between “clear data” and “clear cache” in WhatsApp
- To access both, simply turn on your cell phone.
- Then we go to “Settings” on your smartphone.
- Next we will find the WhatsApp application.
- Immediately you should see that there are two buttons: “Clear data” and “Delete cache”.
- If you click “Delete data”, all your documents will be deleted.
- That means if you click on it, files like photos, videos, documents will disappear from your cell phone.
- You can only recover it if you log in again in the traditional way of WhatsApp
- While “Delete cache” means that many junk files are usually stored there.
- These files are usually used only for installing or updating WhatsApp.
- That’s why you need to remove them from time to time so that they don’t take up too much space on your mobile device.