Learn about the different types of work visas in the United States and their requirements

Learn about the different types of work visas in the United States and their requirements

Working in the United States is an ambitious goal for many people around the world. However, in order to achieve this, it is important to understand the different types of work visas available and the specific requirements associated with them. Below we present a detailed guide to the types of work visas in the United States and the requirements you must meet to obtain them:

Visa H-1B: Aimed at highly specialized professionals in fields such as technology, engineering and medicine. Requires a US employer willing to support the applicant. The relevance of the applicant’s experience and education to the proposed position must be demonstrated.

Read Also:  USA go past Slovenia at half-strength without Doncic

Visa L-1: Designed for employees of multinational companies who want to transfer to an office in the USA. The applicant must have worked for the company for at least one year in the three years preceding the application. The prerequisite is an ongoing employment relationship with the foreign company.

Visa E-3: Exclusively for Australian citizens wishing to work in a specialized occupation. Requires an offer of relevant work, education or experience and approval from Department of Labor.

Show O-1: The target group are people with exceptional abilities in areas such as art, sports, education and business. Extensive proof of performance and recognition in the subject area are required.

Read Also:  What do I have to do to change my address?

Show TN: Reserved for Canadian and Mexican citizens who wish to work in certain North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) occupations. Requires a job offer and occupation that matches contract categories.

Visa J-1: Aimed at participants in cultural and educational exchange programs. Applicants must be accepted into programs sponsored by the US Department of State.

Visa H-2B: Designed for temporary workers in non-agricultural occupations. A job offer and proof of the need for temporary workers in the industry are required.

Visa E-2: Aimed at investors and their employees who want to set up and run a company in the USA. Requires significant investment in the company and citizenship of a country with which the United States has an investment treaty.

Read Also:  Authorities are looking for the ex-husband of a woman for her murder in San Antonio de Prado

Watch EB-5: The target group are investors who want to create or maintain jobs in rural areas or areas with high unemployment. It requires significant investment and the creation of at least 10 full-time jobs.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here