On September 16th, thousands of Colombians can celebrate Day of love and friendship. Don’t you know why it is celebrated on this day? What messages can you dedicate to your friends? Find out in this note.
Why is Love and Friendship Day celebrated on September 16th?
In Colombia, unlike other countries, the Day of love and friendship It is celebrated in the third week of September and not in February as is usual in other countries. That is why the Colombian country will celebrate it in 2023 16th September.
This celebration dates back to 1969 when the government decided to celebrate it in another month. This is because Colombians could not afford gifts for Love and Friendship Day, as it used to coincide with the start of school.
For this reason, the celebration was moved to September, a month that allowed traders to earn income.
Messages of love and friendship for a special someone
Below you can learn various love and friendship messages that you can share with your partner, friends, family or someone special to you.
- Without you I would have very sad and desolate moments. Thank you for showing up in my life and filling it with light. Happy Day of Love and Friendship!
- On this special day, I would like to thank you for being with me through thick and thin. Happy Friendship Day!
- There are only two times I want to be with you: now and forever.
- Despite the years and differences, let us continue to love each other as we did in the beginning.
- Your presence alone makes my heart very happy. In this and all other lives I want to be with you.
- Our friendship is unbreakable. Everything we have experienced proves it. Thank you for being my accomplice.