read here in english
The husband of a woman who went missing in October has been charged with her death and jailed without bail.
Bucks County District Attorney Matt Weintraub said the defendant will “likely” plead guilty at his court date and face a sentence of 20 to 40 years behind bars. You will have the opportunity to petition for parole when you turn 77.
It’s Steven Capaldi, 57, who authorities say killed his wife, Elizabeth Capaldi, 55.
Here is a timeline of events related to the investigation:
- October 10, 2022: Steven Capaldi murders his wife at the family home.
- October 11, 2022: The defendant dismembered the woman’s body.
- October 12, 2022: The couple’s daughter lodged a missing report of the woman after she could not be contacted for two days. That same day, defendant dumped part of the victim’s remains in a Montgomery County landfill.
- November 5, 2022: Defendant buried his wife’s body parts in Tinicum, Delaware County.
- December 8, 2022: The accused was arrested and interrogated and polygraphed. The man took officers to the spot where he had buried his wife’s body parts.
- December 15, 2022: Bucks County prosecutors file charges against Steven Capaldi and the man is jailed without bail. To this day they have not been able to recover all of the victim’s remains, so the investigation is still active as to everything they have found.
Prosecutor Weintraub said the defendant negotiated “information leading to a reduced sentence” with officers.