Mexico City. The national leader of Morena, Mario Delgado, said that he will ask the National Commission of Honesty and Justice (CNHJ) of the party to analyze carefully and “very seriously” the challenge presented by Marcelo Ebrard, which he requested to be canceled and replaced the polls of the internal process, where Claudia Sheinbaum was appointed last week as the national coordinator of the defense of change, and future presidential candidate.
In addition, he announced that the new leader of the fourth amendment will begin his tours of Oaxaca on Sunday, with internal events, in closed or public places, but sympathizers and militants only attend.
On the other hand, this September 18 is when the call for applications will be released for the processes that will determine the candidates for the nine candidates that will compete next year. On September 25 and 26, those interested must register. In his case, he said that it is until that moment when he will announce whether he will participate in the search for candidacy for the head of the Government of Mexico City. He noted that it was a decision based “on what’s best for the movement” and not on a “personal wish.”
During a press conference at the party’s headquarters, the Morenista leader confirmed the progress of the internal competition that ended with the polls giving victory to Claudia Sheinbaum. After recounting the entire process, he emphasized that no modified packages were found, and said that the similarity of the results of each of the five surveys showed that there was no interference.
Asked about the statements of former candidate Marcelo Ebrard, who on Monday announced that his permanence in the party depends on the answer given to the challenge he presented to the CNHJ, Delgado Carrillo explained that he would ask the “commission to examine carefully. ” This challenge, take it seriously and do a full review of everything that Marcelo Ebrard and his team have provided. “That the decision will be very serious.”
He considered that the position of the former chancellor is “not a threat,” since he has the right to file a complaint. “What we will say to the Commission is that it is very strict in reviewing all the documents presented and that it is seriously and thoroughly reviewing these allegations,” he insisted.
He believes that Ebrard will not leave the party, because “in a loyal way to the movement that he used in the internal case of this complaint, and that should also be valued.”
He disclosed that he exchanged messages with the former candidate, but did not provide details of what they discussed.
At the same time, he said that on Sunday he called the legislators close to Ebrard. “The first thing I told them is that I am not interested in knowing the decision they will make as a group, that I respect it, that they are free to make any decision, to continue the movement or the other way .”
Also, he told them that “Marcelo Ebrard has all my respect and gratitude. And third, tell them that it is time for them to make the decision, not to be afraid because in this internal process there are no privileges for the winners or retaliation those who are not with the person who won.
He assured that “aspirants in other positions already know what the path is: winning the survey. “I want them to have that security, not to sell them the story that they will be persecuted, that they no longer have possibilities in Morena, nor raise the false expectations that we offer them so that they stay.”
The Morenista leader pointed out that in order to achieve gender equality among the candidates for the nine governorships that will be renewed next year, the details will be explained in the call itself, with the instructions that the party will use to determine it. that issue.