The compact SUV segment is growing rapidly in the Indian market. Due to its low cost, low maintenance and improved performance, many people are showing interest in this segment. The popularity of this segment can be assessed as it has 18 per cent share in the passenger vehicle market. Not only that, in the last month, this segment has grown by 90 percent.
In recent times, many new players have entered this segment, but the Hyundai platform surpassed all in terms of sales last January. Maruti Brezza, a long-time leader in the segment, also came in second. So let’s find out about the top 5 best selling compact SUVs in the country –
5) – Mahindra XUV300: Mahindra’s SUV XUV300 ranks fifth on our list. The company sold 4,612 units of the SUV in January, up from just 3,360 units in January last year. This SUV is available in petrol and diesel engine options in the market.
4) – Tata Nexan: Tata Nexan, the Tata Motors SUV, ranks fourth on the list. This SUV is very popular in terms of safety, it is the safest SUV in the country. It was rated 4 stars in the Global NCAP Crash Test. Last January, it achieved an impressive growth of 143 per cent in sales. The company sold 8,225 units in January, up from just 3,382 units in January last year.
3) – Kia Sonnet: South Korean automaker Kia Motors has recently started its business in the Indian market. But in a very short time, the company has a strong grip on its customers. Last January, Vibration sold 8,859 units of its compact SUV Kia Sonnet, making it the third best-selling compact SUV.
2) – Maruti Vitara Brezza: The SUV Brezza, owned by Maruti Suzuki, the country’s largest carmaker, was the second largest seller in January. Prior to this she was the leader of this section. The company sold 10,623 units in January. In the early months of last year the company discontinued the diesel variant and launched it with a petrol engine. It is currently only available in the petrol variant.
1) – Hyundai Platform: Hyundai has introduced this SUV as the first internet car in India. In terms of sales, this SUV has surpassed the Maruti Brezza and occupied the number one position. The company sold 11,779 units in January, up 75% from January last year. The company sold only 6,733 units in January last year.