Friday, September 30, 2022

Megan Thee Stallion says Tory Lanez offered her $1 million to keep quiet about shooting

Hip-hop star Megan Thee Stallion tearfully told the trauma of being shot last year in her first television interview about the incident, claiming that Tory Lanez paid her to keep quiet about pulling the trigger. offered.

The Grammy-winning artist appeared on Monday with Gayle King in a “CBS Mornings” interview to detail the night, when she said the Canadian rapper shot her multiple times in her leg after a party at Kylie Jenner’s Hollywood Hills house. Mari in July 2020.

“He said, ‘I’m so sorry. Please don’t tell anyone. I’ll give you $1 million if you don’t say everything,'” said Megan, whose real name is Megan Peet. “And I’m like, ‘What are you talking about? Why are you giving me money now? Help me. And if you’re sorry, just help me.'”

When King asked if she was “afraid of your life at the time,” Megan replied, “I was really scared because I had never been shot before.”

Her account matches what Los Angeles Police Department Detective Ryan Stogner told her after the shooting. At a preliminary hearing in the Lenz case last year, Stogner said that Lenz “offered him money and begged him not to say anything,” telling him he was on probation.

Elsewhere in the interview, Megan addressed why she initially lied to police officers who arrived at the scene, informing them that her legs were injured from stepping on broken glass after the party.

The comment has been used as a way to discredit Megan’s story in favor of Lenz, who has continued to deny all allegations.

“The George Floyd incident just happened and the police were very ‘shoot first, ask questions later,'” she said. “I’ve been shot and they’re about to kill someone. Something bad is about to happen.”

“So when I saw people try and use it against me, to say I was lying… I was lying to protect all of us,” she continued. “Sometimes I wish I had never actually said that and told the truth.”

Lenz, born date star Samuel Shua Peterson, pleaded not guilty to assault and weapon possession charges related to the shooting in November 2021. The felony case is still ongoing, with the next court hearing scheduled for September. If convicted, he could face a maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months in state prison.

The rapper was briefly taken into custody earlier this month after a judge ruled that her social media posts directed at Megan violated a protective order that required her not to have any contact with the rapper. was needed. He was later released with an increased bail of $350,000.

In a statement to CBS ahead of the interview, Lenz’s attorney said, “We look forward to addressing Ms. Pete’s claims — including all of her discrepancies, inconsistencies and omissions — in a court of law.”

Megan, however, is convinced that justice will prevail in her case, telling King that she “rather plays it in court and the facts come out… than to plead my case.”

“I know it happened to me,” she said. “I am the victim. I am not defending myself from anything. Something happened to me.”

Watch more from Megan’s interview on “CBS Mornings” in the video above.

,

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -